• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Windspeed

nola seemed p confident in the levee situation when it looked like a miss just west with a cat 3, how much wiggle room does an operational levee system offer for a direct hit cat 4+?

and idk about you all but i expect these big federal levee projects were rife with grift and shoddy workmanship because it's the american way, would personally not trust

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

nola seemed p confident in the levee situation when it looked like a miss just west with a cat 3, how much wiggle room does an operational levee system offer for a direct hit cat 4+?

and idk about you all but i expect these big federal levee projects were rife with grift and shoddy workmanship because it's the american way, would personally not trust

I think they are rated for a CAT 3 and no climate change? Don't know for sure but we do typically only build back things to prevent what happened (CAT 3) and not what could happen (this thing).

3 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

There were some pretty bad takes, especially from a pro forecaster like Eskimo joe, on this.

Lake effect king made one post and was spot on. 

hopefully though this doesn’t turn out as bad as it looks.

All your takes have been spot on though.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

All your takes have been spot on though.

I don't generally make predictions on things that I am very uneducated on, and also generally trust the mets as well.

Almost every Met on here was saying this exact thing was likely to happen, yet a couple people continually poo pooed this, with Eskimo Joe saying evacuations were irresponsible.

We've gotten relatively lucky for years. We have not had a "big one" that went over a major population center, and have mostly avoided big hits directly on Houston, NOLA, and the atlantic Florida coast and even the florida gulf coast. 

This however is looking like the one we have feared for years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Does anyone have any links to good livestreams of people out in Ida? I know a ton of people went down there streaming it lol. I searched around but having a hard time finding anything

Links were posted in the main thread 

1 hour ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I think they are rated for a CAT 3 and no climate change? Don't know for sure but we do typically only build back things to prevent what happened (CAT 3) and not what could happen (this thing).

The article I read suggested they were built for a 1 in 100 year storm in 2057. So they were assuming some sea level rise too.