• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Windspeed

2 minutes ago, Hotair said:

I know I know.   Just amazed how they justify spending 65k on a trailer when you can put a family in a hotel room for 3k a month or less. 

Politically connected people own the companies that provide these trailers. It’s just classic American grift. 

WRF and HMON have both  returned nearly identical onshore trajectories that put landfall west of NO.  Does anyone know if the longitude they were initialized under is still valid or has Ida wobbled further East since those runs ?

2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

the storm intensified too rapidly to make that logistically possible. how on earth is that her fault?

Read my other posts.  Like I said, she was damned whether she made the decision to evacuate or not.  And yes,  her team bears some responsibility as well.  Sometimes thers is no great solution. Either way, she is the face of the city, and as such, will take the blunt of the blame game no matter the outcome.  Quick moving storms that strengthen quickly are always going to be a problem, even if model consensus is aligned. 

8 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

first, that has nothing to do with Katrina--those were trailers provided in the wake of Harvey.  not sure why selling them for $100 is more offensive than giving them away for free.

I didn’t say these were the Katrina trailers.  Katrina started the whole FEMA trailer business.  They just continue to buy trailers and then dispose of them when they are not needed.  I was suggesting that they should have kept those trailers instead of selling them as surplus cause I’m sure they will be needed again after next week 

Again, whether she deserves the blame or not is a moot point.  She will recieve it regardless, as she is the face of the city.  The people she represents don't care who makes the decisions.  They expect solutions to problems from their mayor.  It's how politics work.  Not trying to argue, was offering my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, Prospero said:

OK who agrees?

My wish:

Ida gets her eye and RIs into a Cat 5, reaches near the LA coast to justify evacuation but not that bad and shifts east staying offshore bringing fun and excitement to the Florida Gulf coast (not too bad, but thrilling even for Tampa Bay), then moving west to the Texas coast giving everybody a taste there maintaining a perfect eye, then going east through the channel between Cuba and Florida allowing the Keys and Miami to have some fun, up the eastern coast brushing Cape Hatteras intensely (they are used to it, can handle it, and love it) then drifting up the east coast past VA and sitting for a day or so off NJ becoming a Cat 5 sub-tropical Hurricane and slamming NJ so nobody will ever mention Sandy again. 

A perfect eye the entire week long adventure.

Right? :)

Finally!!  Some actual authentic banter about Ida.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472r3n98ysbzkg3xfkd0

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dseagull said:

Again, whether she deserves the blame or not is a moot point.  She will recieve it regardless, as she is the face of the city.  The people she represents don't care who makes the decisions.  They expect solutions to problems from their mayor.  It's how politics work.  Not trying to argue, was offering my opinion. 

To err is human. To blame someone else is politics.

Hubert H. Humphrey

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

the governor and the NWS told her she didn't have time to issue the order because of the speed of the storm. how does she deserve blame for doing what experts advised?

But she went ahead and issues the order today. One day later.  Help me understand how enough time became available one day later? 

6 minutes ago, Hotair said:

She issued the evac order today.    Dude you are toxic. I’m surprised they allow you on this board.  You should learn to disagree with the message without attacking the messenger.  

WTH is with the misogyny on here? This is the second time today that wxtrix(with a female avatar)has been referred to as a guy("dude' and "buddy")when nearly nobody else has been referred to with any term like this. The toxic part here ain't her. 

You have 181 posts - either you have not been here long or don't post much(like me, been here 15 years)so lighten up.

*on topic banter: this storm is going to hit near where I thought, Port Fourchon, but not a as strong/won't make it to cat 5).

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I have always found it difficult to "root" for hurricanes unless its a fish storm but in the end it does not matter what I think/want to happen the storm does what is does anyways. This is a reason why I like rooting a lot more for snowstorms.

No one posts in fish storm threads. Ugly or not. That is the truth. Fish storms have zero value on the board. Well unless they are a 10 day out noreasters showing 40 inches for NYC . Then it is everything. 

7 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I have always found it difficult to "root" for hurricanes unless its a fish storm but in the end it does not matter what I think/want to happen the storm does what is does anyways. This is a reason why I like rooting a lot more for snowstorms.

Seriously we ALL want to see the biggest baddest storms ever. It is a sickness that makes us weather people.

But most of us are always compassionate and empathetic to victims, even in snowstorms.

So that is honest. Does that make us bad people?

No but we balance doom and survival as best we can. Yet the thrill of Nature and what it does is like a drug that we are addicted to. We can deny, but we know who we are no matter how we spin the excitement we feel when waiting for that perfect eye.

Ida is not there yet, but getting there. Almost, but not yet.

• Like 3

Go to the real Ida forum and want to comment. But the banter is better for me.

Hanging out at the "Ida Bar and Grill" is lose and fun. Although I was wondering if we need an Ida Banter-Banter thread as well. LOL

Another mission turned back during a peak time. UGH! Again!

No matter what tomorrow morning is when it's time for the really serious stuff. Even on the real thread it is still an educated stream of consciousness of opinions and ideas. Ida is real, for sure. Still not a Yucatan looking storm.

image.png.7658dfdb96875cf2ad68bcedfa2cccf1.png