• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Windspeed

2 minutes ago, Hotair said:

Come Monday many folks in LA will be saying “if I’d known Ida was gonna be this bad Ida gotten outta here”   

ill let myself out 

Many will be. Others who live on higher ground in new fancy areas will complain and not leave when they should the next time.

Happens here in Florida too often.

I don't think it will be as bad as the hype, but certainly could be worse then the dismissers.

1 minute ago, Prospero said:

My prediction.

We will see this happen until close to landfall.

image.png.a3911ace372da08e226c059ff182db65.png

I have my opinion and not sharing because it starts a fire every time I suggest it and we do have an active storm. But come on. Really?

You’re referring back to wx mod, huh? If I wanted to do it, I’d start with trying to keep the eyewall open. But recon confirms a closed eyewall anyways, something we don’t see on IR.  Also, why didn’t “they” stop Michael? It ruined an Air Force base and damaged some seriously expensive assets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

You’re referring back to wx mod, huh? If I wanted to do it, I’d start with trying to keep the eyewall open. But recon confirms a closed eyewall anyways, something we don’t see on IR.  Also, why didn’t “they” stop Michael? It ruined an Air Force base and damaged some seriously expensive assets. 

Mostly I see what I see on the Texas coast. Katrina caught me eye first. But ever since.

Just observations, from a storm passionate guy. But years of patterns support what I see. Not always, but in the Gulf it has become a storm forum dialog of "I see and eye" and "Nope, not yet."

Ida will be strong no matter what. But didn't we all expect a well-defined perfect eye by now with wrapped around convection?

Yes most of us. I have been here for days. Last night going to bed people were talking about the "six hours" from midnight till 6 am.

Ida is a powerful dangerous storm indeed, no matter what. But I say the eye will be jabberwocky until a few hours before landfall like Katrina and Laura, some others that we have watched.

Maybe if this keeps happening others will wonder WTF is going on. I will accept the weenie crazy hat and actually used to it.

Any bets when a Yucatan perfect eye will form with Ida?

This thing basically checked all the boxes on making it a difficult call for a mandatory evacuation.  It's a rapidly strengthening system headed in the general direction of a pretty good sized metro area with not a lot of time between Cuba and US approach.  I am no expert on contraflow though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

New Orleans mayor apparently told people at noon today to evacuate after telling people to shelter in place yesterday. Genius leadership down there

"In New Orleans, Mayor LaToya Cantrell announced Friday evening that the National Weather Service and Gov. John Bel Edwards have indicated there is no time for implementing contraflow traffic, meaning the city cannot issue a mandatory evacuation for areas inside the levee system."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/27/us/new-orleans-hurricane-ida-preparations/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Prospero said:

Mostly I see what I see on the Texas coast. Katrina caught me eye first. But ever since.

Just observations, from a storm passionate guy. But years of patterns support what I see. Not always, but in the Gulf it has become a storm forum dialog of "I see and eye" and "Nope, not yet."

Ida will be strong no matter what. But didn't we all expect a well-defined perfect eye by now with wrapped around convection?

Yes most of us. I have been here for days. Last night going to bed people were talking about the "six hours" from midnight till 6 am.

Ida is a powerful dangerous storm indeed, no matter what. But I say the eye will be jabberwocky until a few hours before landfall like Katrina and Laura, some others that we have watched.

Maybe if this keeps happening others will wonder WTF is going on. I will accept the weenie crazy hat and actually used to it.

Any bets when a Yucatan perfect eye will form with Ida?

When you stare at it all day you end up going crazy. I napped for a few hours and it looks better. I ran some errands and it looked better. It may not be Yucatán perfect, but the gulf isn’t the western Caribbean. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prospero said:

24 hours yes. What a monster it was.

Eye was a mess where Ida is now. We'll see what happens. Hopefully NOT a Katrina.

Good post. I'll pull back before I get banned off banter. ;)

Yep...RI and transformation into the beast happened during the overnight. It was a cat 1 before then.

Just now, JC-CT said:

Yep...RI and transformation into the beast happened during the overnight. It was a cat 1 before then.

I was obsessed on another forum (being me), remember the "eye" discussion as it left the Florida coast when everyone thought it would develop much earlier. But reminded of the eye getting it together seeing the clip. Wow, so many storms since then.

But if I remember right, it never reached the hype level even though being devastating to New Orleans. I do remember a horrible storm surge I think around Gulfport, MS.  

• Weenie 1