• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Windspeed

6 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

And I have never in my life seen that site....I was simply browsing searches and came across interesting photos.  Ill repeat myself, hopefully the last time, that I only wanted a calm, adult, intellectual, educational discussion....but I obviously came to the wrong place.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist or looking to push an agenda that was anything other than a scientific one.  

I did not mention you. I mentioned the site, the people who fall for it, nutjobs like MTG, etc. You were not mentioned.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Then why do you assume they overestimated it on the previous advisory?

There was no assumption. 

I guess they were overestimating it at the last advisory before this one?

Do you not understand the significance of the "I guess" part and the question mark at the end? 

*Seems like given you latest posts here and in the main Ida thread, you want to get into it with someone. Just concentrate on the storm maybe? I also took out the snarky ending as I want to follow this and not go back and forth with someone over some petty bull.

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, sojitodd said:

I did not mention you. I mentioned the site, the people who fall for it, nutjobs like MTG, etc. You were not mentioned.

My apologies then.  I just wanted to be clear to everyone that I'm not here to troll or flame or start anything childish.  I just think it's interesting and, yes, very cool.  

19 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Look, I went to that site and it is a conspiracy site but that is besides the point but for the last image it does look odd on the surface. Though we have no idea if

1. They did not photoshop the clouds there.

2. If there is an actual HARRP base there.

3. If we are even going to talk about HARRP we have to clear up it is not true, there is no way that this exists but even if it did how do we know that the station was on during that photo.

As for actual explanations I am not a Met so this is just what I think, first judging the site I would have to think it is fake and two, that looks like a mountainous island which can cause odd cloud formations that spread out over time not unlike that picture. 

Thanks for your insight.  We always have to be careful with the possibility of seeing deep fake photos, etc.  I have no clue what HARRP is, but will try to find info about it (at least the technology...not to find out if it's real or true or not).  I do find the formations very odd and "too perfect", which is why I wanted others more knowledgeable to comment.  Again, thanks.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

One of my friends is apparently gonna ride out the storm in New Orleans because of the mayor's "shelter in place" recommendation. 

I find it odd that the Mayor keeps saying “there is no time”

I read that yesterday and today. Imagine how many people you could have evacuated in the past 24 hours if you reversed the interstates yesterday while the storm was crossing Cuba instead of saying “there is no time”

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

One of my friends is apparently gonna ride out the storm in New Orleans because of the mayor's "shelter in place" recommendation. 

25 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

They were not. We tried talking them out of it to no avail

Well it's Saturday afternoon, you have time yet to have some pre-funeral flowers delivered. Such activities won't be possible by tomorrow for some weeks.  :( 

He was looking for information on a topic that interested him, and was berated as a result.  The intolerance here is astounding.  It's supposed to be a forum for discussion, not bashing.  He explained that he has been a lurker for many years and is a noob.  He was looking for information, not trolling. Jeez.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

I find it odd that the Mayor keeps saying “there is no time”

I read that yesterday and today. Imagine how many people you could have evacuated in the past 24 hours if you reversed the interstates yesterday while the storm was crossing Cuba instead of saying “there is no time”

It's utterly bizzare reasoning. I guess the mayor is confident the levees will hold but given history (even allowing for the $50 billion in upgrades) that's quite the gamble. Even more absurd is Tulane is still holding Saturday classes today 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

I have a friend in Metairie who lives on the top floor of an apartment complex.  Might be fun.  They are pretty clearly going to get the RFQ so the main question is how far away the eyewall will be.

How many floors are there? Top floor might not be best for winds, and bottom floor might not be best for flooding. Are they going to provide updates/pics/videos/etc.?

So I looked more into the Tulane University thing and highly, highly recommend checking out the Twitter meltdown. Apparently they recommended folks shelter in place while evacuating the football and volleyball teams so they could "practice for an upcoming games." Also, again, were still holding classes through today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sojitodd said:

How many floors are there? Top floor might not be best for winds, and bottom floor might not be best for flooding. Are they going to provide updates/pics/videos/etc.?

3 or 4 (can't remember, I've never actually been there).  There would be minimal enhancement of the winds at that height but the roof could be a problem if it's windy enough. 

5 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

So I looked more into the Tulane University thing and highly, highly recommend checking out the Twitter meltdown. Apparently they recommended folks shelter in place while evacuating the football and volleyball teams so they could "practice for an upcoming games." Also, again, were still holding classes through today!

https://twitter.com/tulane/status/1431656158570422273?s=21

• Like 1