• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Windspeed

Hello folks.  Long time lurker, short time poster.  I'm very interested and curious about the topic Joe Bastardy tweeted earlier saying something about needing to cloud seed and spray the hurricane.  I love meteorology, but I have tons and tons to learn.  Id say I'm in the 7th grade out of a met degree lol.  But my question for those in the know is....how real is weather modification and if it is used commonly, how frequently is it done??  Im fascinated by this.  Thanks for helping me gain some knowledge for those who are willing to help.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

Hello folks.  Long time lurker, short time poster.  I'm very interested and curious about the topic Joe Bastardy tweeted earlier saying something about needing to cloud seed and spray the hurricane.  I love meteorology, but I have tons and tons to learn.  Id say I'm in the 7th grade out of a met degree lol.  But my question for those in the know is....how real is weather modification and if it is used commonly, how frequently is it done??  Im fascinated by this.  Thanks for helping me gain some knowledge for those who are willing to help.

Bastardi is an idiot.

4 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

In the future, these things may be possible, but its theoretical science at best.  As far as Bastardi is concerned, not many people on this forum will respect anything he says, simply because his political ideation doesnt line up with theirs.  I.e.  He is a conservative who doesnt believe in significant anthropogenic climate change.  The climate change section of this site is probably a better place for such discussions.  Weather manipulation is fascinating for sure, but one doesn't have to think too hard to see what negative ramifications could result. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

6 minutes ago, dseagull said:

In the future, these things may be possible, but its theoretical science at best.  As far as Bastardi is concerned, not many people on this forum will respect anything he says, simply because his political ideation doesnt line up with theirs.  I.e.  He is a conservative who doesnt believe in significant anthropogenic climate change.  The climate change section of this site is probably a better place for such discussions.  Weather manipulation is fascinating for sure, but one doesn't have to think too hard to see what negative ramifications could result. 

I didn't intend to point out Bastardi specifically as far as reputation and/or politics.  I was hoping to gain some knowledge about the science behind weather modification.  My understanding is that the government has researched and implemented certain aspects of modification and my quick search after I posted my question revealed that they fully admit they do it, but I dont understand it or know what the science behind it means.  I certainly do not intend to stir up a political discussion....we all know how those conversations wind up.  

20 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

Yeah, let's suddenly decide to seed a hurricane that is on approach to the US.  

What a clown (JB)

37 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

Lol. I've always been interested in how ancient people experienced natural disasters for the first time. Imagine being a European colonist just settling in some tropical paradise in the Caribbean, and then you get hit by an eye of a major hurricane. Like that's gotta be a real "wtf is happening?!" moment.

Then a hurricane came/Devastation reigned/And our man saw his future drip-dripping down the drain

It's more than just political ideation. If somebody wants to be taken seriously scientifically, as he does, they have a duty to support their claims honestly and update their priors when they're wrong. He almost never does, especially when it comes to CC. It invariably turns into waving around conspiracies as explanations -- which doesn't actually explain jack squat, it's a punt and turns into eternally engulfing or circular reasoning. Every piece of evidence against it becomes evidence *for* it. I've lain down the gauntlet on this stuff several times on this forum (nobody on the other side of the argument has picked it up) -- and at this point we've cleaved off CC discussion to its own forum essentially because we're expected to carry emotional baggage for intellectually immature or dishonest people.

Sorry for the mini-rant. His actual seeding subject is an interesting question, but it's a thorny one. You'd have to try it on fish storms first and it would be very hard to control for. We've actually already tried, but with inconclusive results. Not to mention all of the HAARP-type folks that would come out of the woodwork and basically get it shut down before we're able to get anything useful out of it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

JB consistently makes dubious posts and spins hyperbole. I'm still waiting for the 12" - 18" he promised me last winter in the NW Baltimore suburbs.

26 minutes ago, dseagull said:

Simply bc he's a moron and a liar with a terrible track record.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

It's more than just political ideation. If somebody wants to be taken seriously scientifically, as he does, they have a duty to support their claims honestly and update their priors when they're wrong. He almost never does, especially when it comes to CC. It invariably turns into waving around conspiracies as explanations -- which doesn't actually explain jack squat, it's a punt and turns into eternally engulfing or circular reasoning. Every piece of evidence against it becomes evidence *for* it. I've lain down the gauntlet on this stuff several times on this forum (nobody on the other side of the argument has picked it up) -- and at this point we've cleaved off CC discussion to its own forum essentially because we're expected to carry emotional baggage for intellectually immature or dishonest people.

Sorry for the mini-rant. His actual seeding subject is an interesting question, but it's a thorny one. You'd have to try it on fish storms first and it would be very hard to control for. We've actually already tried, but with inconclusive results. Not to mention all of the HAARP-type folks that would come out of the woodwork and basically get it shut down before we're able to get anything useful out of it.

I can respect that.  I've never followed the guy closely.  I much prefer cut and dry forecasts with scientific explanation.  Weather manipulation used to be a hot topic, but as you said, conclusive findings haven't been made public to my knowledge.  Going down that path seems like a slippery slope. 

I need to note up front that I am NOT posting this link for the discussion that is on that page nor to imply anything about the source name, etc.  I am simply posting this link to get scientific discussions about the photos that are at the bottom of the page (like...see that cloud pattern?  It is called xxx and is caused by yyy).  Again, NOT a political discussion or crazy theory discussion....my objective is to have a purely scientific, evidence based discussion.  THANK YOU for bareing with me as a noob.  I apologize if I stirred up a discussion that has been put to bed and frowned upon to discuss.  I come in peace lol.  Here is the link....please discuss the pictures at the bottom only!!

https://www.ancient-code.com/nasa-accidentally-shows-proof-of-large-scale-weather-manipulation-in-satellite-images/

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

6 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

There are a lot more knowledgeable people on google than here (just in numbers) and google wanted you to see this site if you are here so I am sort of confused.

As I previously stated....Ive lurked here for a long while.  I rarely post and usually just read the main threads of significant weather events....not the banter threads.  I will say again...I am not trying to cause any problems or start any issues.  If that's the case, I'll immediately shut up and go away.  I'm not that kind of guy.  

2 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

I need to note up front that I am NOT posting this link for the discussion that is on that page nor to imply anything about the source name, etc.  I am simply posting this link to get scientific discussions about the photos that are at the bottom of the page (like...see that cloud pattern?  It is called xxx and is caused by yyy).  Again, NOT a political discussion or crazy theory discussion....my objective is to have a purely scientific, evidence based discussion.  THANK YOU for bareing with me as a noob.  I apologize if I stirred up a discussion that has been put to bed and frowned upon to discuss.  I come in peace lol.  Here is the link....please discuss the pictures at the bottom only!!

https://www.ancient-code.com/nasa-accidentally-shows-proof-of-large-scale-weather-manipulation-in-satellite-images/

Oooh ancient-code.com. Love that site!  Putin’s cloned Scythian horse lord army…what are we going to do about that? We might need weather mods after all. Wipe out their grain stores so they can’t feed the army. 

EA84DA25-D340-454D-8613-60C646019531.thumb.jpeg.9a6558f6e84a1b25ecbd930e31a3f421.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

Oooh ancient-code.com. Love that site!  Putin’s cloned Scythian horse lord army…what are we going to do about that? We might need weather mods after all. Wipe out their grain stores so they can’t feed the army. 

EA84DA25-D340-454D-8613-60C646019531.thumb.jpeg.9a6558f6e84a1b25ecbd930e31a3f421.jpeg

Great, one more thing to worry about.

• Haha 1

Remnant wise I am not really thinking I will get 2-4 inches or rain out of this. Also I am surprised at the drop in pressure-I guess they were overestimating it at the last advisory before this one? It is getting it's at together. And it does look like it is east of the forecast unfortunately.

And that conspiracy site.. LOL  So sad that so many fall for it all. I bet MTG is on there adding to the lunacy.

7 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

Yeah....I obviously came to the wrong place to try to gain some knowledge about science.  I specifically prefaced my post to note that I in no way intend to have anything political or conspiracy related in my discussions.  I stated that I specifically would like a scientific point of view on the picture posted at the bottom of the page.  Ive never seen anything like that and it is very interesting.....but obviously my attempt to avoid political and conspiracy discussion prompted you to include a political and conspiracy discussion.....my mistake for trying to actually have an intellectual discussion on whatever this forum topic is.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

Yeah....I obviously came to the wrong place to try to gain some knowledge about science.  I specifically prefaced my post to note that I in no way intend to have anything political or conspiracy related in my discussions.  I stated that I specifically would like a scientific point of view on the picture posted at the bottom of the page.  Ive never seen anything like that and it is very interesting.....but obviously my attempt to avoid political and conspiracy discussion prompted you to include a political and conspiracy discussion.....my mistake for trying to actually have an intellectual discussion on whatever this forum topic is.....

I’m a god damned troll and always have been. Maybe someone else will teach you science. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sojitodd said:

Remnant wise I am not really thinking I will get 2-4 inches or rain out of this. Also I am surprised at the drop in pressure-I guess they were overestimating it at the last advisory before this one? It is getting it's at together. And it does look like it is east of the forecast unfortunately.

And that conspiracy site.. LOL  So sad that so many fall for it all. I bet MTG is on there adding to the lunacy.

And I have never in my life seen that site....I was simply browsing searches and came across interesting photos.  Ill repeat myself, hopefully the last time, that I only wanted a calm, adult, intellectual, educational discussion....but I obviously came to the wrong place.  I'm not a conspiracy theorist or looking to push an agenda that was anything other than a scientific one.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gopack42 said:

Look, I went to that site and it is a conspiracy site but that is besides the point but for the last image it does look odd on the surface. Though we have no idea if

1. They did not photoshop the clouds there.

2. If there is an actual HARRP base there.

3. If we are even going to talk about HARRP we have to clear up it is not true, there is no way that this exists but even if it did how do we know that the station was on during that photo.

As for actual explanations I am not a Met so this is just what I think, first judging the site I would have to think it is fake and two, that looks like a mountainous island which can cause odd cloud formations that spread out over time not unlike that picture. 

• Thanks 1