• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Windspeed

We have a potential intense TC brewing that is locked into a US coastal landfall and is about to get a lot of attention, media or otherwise. The main meteorological thread is going to get busy, so as to better assist the mods, we'll make a banter thread here. Ramble on about whatever local concerns, travel, direct, indirect, semi- or even non-related discussion while this event unfolds.

Talk, it's only talk
Arguments, agreements, advice, answers,
Articulate announcements
It's only talk
Talk, it's only talk
Babble, burble, banter, bicker bicker bicker
Brouhaha, boulder dash, ballyhoo
It's only talk
Back talk
Talk talk talk, it's only talk
Comments, cliches, commentary, controversy
Chatter, chit-chat, chit-chat, chit-chat,
Conversation, contradiction, criticism
It's only talk
Cheap talk
Talk, talk, it's only talk
Debates, discussions
These are words with a D this time
Dialogue, duologue, diatribe,
Dissention, declamation
Double talk, double talk
Talk, talk, it's all talk
Too much talk
Small talk
Talk that trash
Expressions, editorials, expugnations, exclamations, enfadulations
It's all talk
Elephant talk, elephant talk, elephant talk!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

We have a potential intense TC brewing that is locked into a US coastal landfall and is about to get a lot of attention, media or otherwise. The main meteorological thread is going to get busy, so as to better assist the mods, we'll make a banter thread here. Ramble on about whatever local concerns, travel, direct, indirect, semi or even non-related discussion while this event unfolds.

Many thanks  :hug:  I was just going to suggest this 

51 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

We have a potential intense TC brewing that is locked into a US coastal landfall and is about to get a lot of attention, media or otherwise. The main meteorological thread is going to get busy, so as to better assist the mods, we'll make a banter thread here. Ramble on about whatever local concerns, travel, direct, indirect, semi- or even non-related discussion while this event unfolds.

Perfect! I have been holding back a bit. ;)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

This thread will probably be more informative than the NE forum Henri thread for whatever that is worth

That was a decent thread tbh. This thread may falter a bit because the seshing is going on elsewhere on the board and in other places. 

Ida to hit New Orleans.

Watching "Live and Let Die" when I was 13 was memorable for me and my first taste of Tarot. New Orleans was also memorable to me. The three forever intertwined in my mind. Even when Katrina was approaching and pounding NO the concept of 007 and Tarot were in my mind.

Curious that my fate so many years later has taken me to learn about Dr John Dee, who Prospero is based on, the "Original OO7". 

Focus Of The Week: Solitaire

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

The New Orleans "Night Tripper" died on Day 157 in 2019 the same day as a good friend of mine who got lung cancer from asbestos on ground zero in NYC helping his city he loved so much after 9/11/01. Maybe he was in “Right Place Wrong Time”. Dr. John is known for loving his city as well.

RIP to both.

Banter-ish, but the governor should cancel school in Louisiana, and have every bus driver in the state congregate, maybe somewhere on I-49 North of Lafayette, so whether the track shifts back to Lake Charles or New Orleans, they can be doing mass evacs to Houston.

Yes, they'll be big overtime for the drivers.  But I remember late month for Katrina meant people on fixed incomes at the end of the month didn't have gas or hotel money to evacuate.

• Like 2

JB  is really  going to be  bummed  if this  one  doesnt rapidly  intesnify. He predicted Henri would and  it  didnt. I think its  moving way too fast to be  more than a cat1 and the  further east  it  goes the weaker  it will be.

• Weenie 4

56 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

JB  is really  going to be  bummed  if this  one  doesnt rapidly  intesnify. He predicted Henri would and  it  didnt. I think its  moving way too fast to be  more than a cat1 and the  further east  it  goes the weaker  it will be.

I won't have time to go full Cat 5, or even Cat 4 (maybe borderline Cat 3/4, tops) passing over high SSTs/OHC and light shear, Cat 1 seems low.  Even w/ less than 2 full days over the Gulf.

1 minute ago, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

I won't have time to go full Cat 5, or even Cat 4 (maybe borderline Cat 3/4, tops) passing over high SSTs/OHC and light shear, Cat 1 seems low.  Even w/ less than 2 full days over the Gulf.

How can you make such a definitive statement? We have seen that RI can bring a storm to cat 5 within 2 days. It’s still uncommon but we are living with AGW and it happens occasionally now. 

6 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

How can you make such a definitive statement? We have seen that RI can bring a storm to cat 5 within 2 days. It’s still uncommon but we are living with AGW and it happens occasionally now. 

I was replying to someone saying Cat 1.  It has time to Harvey, I don;t think it gets Cat 5.  I could be wrong.

Just now, Ed, snow and hurricane fan said:

I was replying to someone saying Cat 1.  It has time to Harvey, I don;t think it gets Cat 5.  I could be wrong.

Neither do I, but this isn’t the storm to take that bet on. I’m chillin just waiting to see what it looks like tomorrow morning before being bolder.