Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Ida

WxWatcher007

9 minutes ago, STxVortex said:

There's been all kinds of debris floating by for hours, thought I even saw a dog...  The beachhouse across the channel [or road] has been doing some wild contortions on it's pilings for a while. With the eye just about to touch GI, it may be gone soon. 

At the rate conditions are going downhill at that location I doubt it will be on for more than another 30 minutes or so.  I give a lot of credit to who ever set it up. That feed ranks with the overnight footage seen from the eye of Gonzalo in Bermuda in 2014.  Perfectly calm, pitch black conditions with frogs.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

Port Fourchon - one of the largest gas production facilities in the country - looks to be ground zero for the eye’s landfall. 

It's basically the largest. Port Fourchon currently services over 90% of the Gulf of Mexico's deepwater oil production. There are over 600 oil platforms within a 40-mile radius of Port Fourchon. This area furnishes 16-18% of the US oil supply.

So get ready for a bump at the pump over the next few weeks.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

At the rate conditions are going downhill at that location I doubt it will be on for more than another 30 minutes or so.  I give a lot of credit to who ever set it up. That feed ranks with the overnight footage seen from the eye of Gonzalo in Bermuda in 2014.  Perfectly calm, pitch black conditions with frogs.

Huge amount of garage, storage room, kitchen debris has been rocketing past the cam. Wind has shifted alm90deg. Was SE, right to left in the canal, now it's SW.