Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Have to imagine we have an issue with EEE or some other mosquito born illness this Fall. I don’t see how we escape that.

There is hope.

However, heavy rain may also disturb standing water, which can prevent mosquito eggs from developing, said Richard Pollack, an environmental public health officer at Harvard who has studied mosquitoes for four decades.

“Some kinds of mosquitoes thrive in habitats inundated from rainfall and flooding. Yet others do best when there’s some water, but not too much,” said Pollack.

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He is so enamored with me . I honestly have never seen anything like it . Like I somehow doctored my calibrated weather station. How much do you guys have up there since May 1?

You have that way with people, it spawns discussion like this :lol:.

I'm only at 16" since May 1st and I think like 10 of those inches came in the past 5 weeks.  May/June and even into early July were real dry up here.  I was watering the garden every day and weather never got in the way of being outside.  Since mid-July I haven't watered it once.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You have that way with people, it spawns discussion like this :lol:.

I'm only at like 16" since May 1st and I think like 10 of those inches came in the past 5 weeks.  May/June and even into early July was real dry up here.  I was watering the garden every day and weather never got in the way of being outside.  Since mid-July I haven't watered it once.

I think I watered two or three times since June1. That is unheard of. If anything I’ve had some plants succumb to the wetness. Never in a million years would I ever expect wire to wire green grass with no manual help.  I’m sure next year I’ll complain when Stein comes again.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think I watered two or three times since June1. That is unheard of. If anything I’ve had some plants succumb to the wetness. Never in a million years would I ever expect wire to wire green grass with no manual help.  I’m sure next year I’ll complain when Stein comes again.

26 inches since may never seen it this wet during the summer.

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It pains me to say it, but the higher dewpoint/moisture/PWAT air does seem to help the vegetation thrive.  Regular rainfall, more clouds, etc and the vegetation goes nuts.  Forest, garden, lawn.  I do miss the desert warm air that seemed to be around the first half of the warm season up here as a personal preference, but it has it's benefits.