Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

29 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Top 5 river flood event taking place here in town. The river went from 3.42ft 24 hours ago to 11ft tonight. 

Gauge height beats 1955.

See it’s stuff like this that is part of the “storm threats” envelope and certainly noteworthy.  The flooding where parks, ball fields, swings are under water; I’m a big fan.  I know Tippy has a fetish for it too, ha.  Good stuff but doesn’t seem to be totally ruining property?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

See it’s stuff like this that is part of the “storm threats” envelope and certainly noteworthy.  The flooding where parks, ball fields, swings are under water; I’m a big fan.  I know Tippy has a fetish for it too, ha.  Good stuff but doesn’t seem to be totally ruining property?

You and tippy May share more than one fetish. Slide into his DM’s and see where things go?

• Haha 2

We've had some pretty good storm damage and flooding here this summer, this storm underperforming a bit here was ok with me.  We had about 2.5 inches of rain and probably a couple gusts near 45. The severe storm a couple of weeks ago here was probably closer to 65 mph and near 70 a bit south of here.  All this water has exposed some home issues we are getting fixed,  we've got some water coming down around the chimney and also getting water in the basement from the foundation and from a window that needs replacement.   I've also got a weaker tree that was damaged from the last storm,  so yeah I'm cool with today.  

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Did you get my dm?

Just responded. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No real damage. Though one of our main roads is covered and idk about the nearby homes because it was getting dark. River has come up about another half foot since that video and the flow increased by 600cfs.

Wish it were daylight lol. 

5 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

We've had some pretty good storm damage and flooding here this summer, this storm underperforming a bit here was ok with me.  We had about 2.5 inches of rain and probably a couple gusts near 45. The severe storm a couple of weeks ago here was probably closer to 65 mph and near 70 a bit south of here.  All this water has exposed some home issues we are getting fixed,  we've got some water coming down around the chimney and also getting water in the basement from the foundation and from a window that needs replacement.   I've also got a weaker tree that was damaged fr the last storm,  so yeah I'm cool with today.  

I have the same problem, what are you using to waterproof the chimney? I've looked at a few products and not sure which one Ill try.

13 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I have the same problem, what are you using to waterproof the chimney? I've looked at a few products and not sure which one Ill try.

The chimney hasn't been fixed yet but I spoke with my father-in-law and he recommended us putting flashing around the chimney. I would assume there's already flashing there but perhaps needs to be repaired we haven't gotten up there to take a look yet.

I poo-poo'd the storm with the wife in the morning and then of course the large maple tree in the yard split down the middle and fell on the lines, ripping the conduit clear off the house. Then a second tree fell on the carrying line down by the street and burst into flames.  Both trees had been trimmed up by Asplundh within the last 6 months.  Luckily we were planning to be at the cape all week anyway.  Now it may be longer than a week.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

I poo-poo'd the storm with the wife in the morning and then of course the large maple tree in the yard split down the middle and fell on the lines, ripping the conduit clear off the house. Then a second tree fell on the carrying line down by the street and burst into flames.  Both trees had been trimmed up by Asplundh within the last 6 months.  Luckily we were planning to be at the cape all week anyway.  Now it may be longer than a week.

Yikes but yea all it takes us one tree to make a storm memorable 

• Like 2