Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

Just now, sojitodd said:

As of 4pm Central Park had 6.29 inches. More in other parts like Brooklyn.

Might be close to 7” now. Heavy band is sitting over the city again. Crazy thing is Yonkers which is just north of the Bronx Westchester border probably has 2” tops. IMBY there’s been about 4”. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That's one of the things I love about tracking tropical. I've been doing it since I was a kid and while you have a lot of data available to you, sometimes it's more chaotic.  

I will say though, the intensity forecast from the NHC wasn't that bad. I think at their peak they had a 90 mph storm, but when it struggled after the shear the forecast went down to I believe 80 mph. We knew it'd weaken on final approach and it did. Globals were not nearly as good with intensity. 

I thought there was about a 20% chance of Henri overshooting the forecast when I saw that cyan ring on MW yesterday, but it could never fully close off an eyewall. While you can be steady state or gradually intensify with a partial eyewall, it's very hard to be a significant TC without a fully formed eyewall. 

I'm usually hurricanes or bust but because it was so close I went down to RI to chase. Wish I could have gotten to a beach. 

Wish I knew you were headed there I definitely could have gotten you in the beach without flood worries

• Like 2

The wind didn’t seem that strong here compared to other storms but our yard is a freaking mess. Two trees down and several limbs 15-20 long. We’ve had a lot of wind here over the years but never this about of tree damage. Maybe because the wind came from a direction that the trees aren’t used to. Power is on but no cable/internet. 

• Like 1

Many are complaining about a bust. I am relieved, several friends and family have no power.  2 have damage to their homes and one has a massive tree blocking his driveway with a wire underneath it so no one will touch it, he can't get out. But all are prepped and OK. You all can have all the damage you want. Nice for me to watch some big gusts and not have any damage or power loss.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Many are complaining about a bust. I am relieved, several friends and family have no power.  2 have damage to their homes and one has a massive tree blocking his driveway with a wire underneath it so no one will touch it, he can't get out. But all are prepped and OK. You all can have all the damage you want. Nice for me to watch some big gusts and not have any damage or power loss.

Yeah we all want the big storm, but without having to live through the after effects lol.   Days/weeks w/o no power is brutal.

• Like 3