Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah not surprising.  I still am in shock with how much debris can come out of trees with 20+ gusts.  Would’ve thought they were stripped already from all the events in the past decade.

The scud aloft was absolutely flying though.  Reminds me of those 925mb wind progs shared on here…. Watching leaves gently sway at 5-15mph while it’s like 40kts sustained at like 2,000ft.

Yeah, it just never really mixed down at all.

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Boring event

We were all fooled by the models last week that showed a 970s low.

I wasn’t fooled……. People have been delusional for days now on the scope of the impact of this event.

Like I said yesterday, the want for a hurricane or significant tropical impact severely clouded the judgement of folks on here.

• Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Pretty sure it's a fairly benign storm even for the "worst" areas. I'd be surprised if my power isnt restored today.

Probably a 15 mile wide area that had good stuff. Some wicked gusts here but widely spaced apart in timing and area. Slow moving  TS over cold water. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Ask BOX their graphic had like 70 there. I did think you could do 50 though. Oh well.

:lol: I’m just busting, I do appreciate your forecasts and information. I was never really high on this event. Maybe it’s my general pessimism, but I always thought rain, if anything, would be the bigger story 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Probably a 15 mile wide area that had good stuff. Some wicked gusts here but widely spaced apart in timing and area. Slow moving  TS over cold water. 

I’m saying southern ORH down 395 got hit pretty good from what I am seeing. From Oxford and Webster Ma down to Lisbon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol: I’m just busting, I do appreciate your forecasts and information. I was never really high on this event. Maybe it’s my general pessimism, but I always thought rain, if anything, would be the bigger story 

I was pretty uninterested here locally and that did not change. But that track did look more interesting for Bristol county. 

20 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Wasn’t even a meh event here. It was a non event.  Not even sure we had a gust over 25 mph. And there hasn’t been any rain yet. Not complaining though , and I understand that other people didn’t get as fortunate as me. 

Damn, been pouring all day across the sound from you in Suffolk County, LI. Few gusts to 30, but the rain very impressive

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Emass interior peeps, ya know the routine.

Gust to 45 or so here. Power flickered on and off but so far so good. Happy this didn't explode over the gulf stream 

Glad someone inland verified at 45 lol. 

Drove down to Misquamicut and had to stop short of the beach. When the core was coming in the flooding was everywhere. Looks like everything down there got shut down shortly after I turned back as roads became impassible and I watched the center come in through Westerly. Good wind, but the best stuff would have been right on the shore.

Got a low pressure reading of 994.5mb in Westerly. 

Drove back through SE CT and intersected the center again. Very heavy rain. I-91 in Wallingford closed to flooding and Rt 2 in eastern CT closed as well.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

6-7" of rain which radar estimates in Brooklyn/Manhattan is a boring event? :lol:

But yeah wind/wave/water-wise it was very meh here. 

Cocorahs report of 6.16" thru 7 AM from "Brooklyn 3.1 NW".  Some flooded out cars in Hoboken as well.  More places getting big RA than big wind.

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I still regardless of actual wind speed, damage and power out is still just as impactful.  Seems enough without power in CT that it was an impactful system.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I still regardless of actual wind speed, damage and power out is still just as impactful.  Seems enough without power in CT that it was an impactful system.

It’s only our street.  We had a tree come down three weeks ago and took out our little dead end street.  The power company had to restring the wire on the street. Left the old cable in a pile in our neighbors yard and never came back.  Now the same neighbors are out again and we keep hearing power arcing. So I wonder if it was a bad repair.