• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

Watching the big batch of rain headed this way fizzle before it gets here, almost like it dries out as it goes down the huge 900 ft "mountains" around here...At this rate we will get less rain from this tropical system than we did from the randoms storm earlier in the week. Almost 0.50" so far, wind gust maybe near 25 mph for the peak

Very heavy rain here the last hour or so.  Breezy for sure. Flash flood warning just issued here.  Probably another hour or so of heavy rain to go. But otherwise nothing memorable here that’s for sure.  Henri will be a meh storm for my area it looks like. Outside of the heavy rain now….pretty benign system for this area.  

Next. 

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is really lame. Not much up on the hill here either for wind.

It’s now or never for gusts....really between now and 3-4pm. We’re seeing temps/dews rise a bit into the low 70s so that may try to help the good 925 winds mix down, but the clock is ticking. 

What do you mean Will, tree branch down in Auburn, on the news now :D

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

And there goes my power

Yeah not surprising.  I still am in shock with how much debris can come out of trees with 20+ gusts.  Would’ve thought they were stripped already from all the events in the past decade.

The scud aloft was absolutely flying though.  Reminds me of those 925mb wind progs shared on here…. Watching leaves gently sway at 5-15mph while it’s like 40kts sustained at like 2,000ft.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wx_observer said:

For all those out there meh-ing and poking fun at this storm…there are actually folks that do have some significant damage to deal with.  My folks just south of Worcester just had a very large tree fall on their house, well away from the center.  

Just went outside and the wind's blowing pretty good here. It seems to only be when you get heavy rain and it mixes that you get the wind.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Emass interior peeps, ya know the routine.

Gust to 45 or so here. Power flickered on and off but so far so good. Happy this didn't explode over the gulf stream 

My BIL just sent me pick of tree on his neighbors house in Webster Ma; what happens when you have wet soil

4 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Wasn’t even a meh event here. It was a non event.  Not even sure we had a gust over 25 mph. And there hasn’t been any rain yet. Not complaining though , and I understand that other people didn’t get as fortunate as me. 

Pretty sure it's a fairly benign storm even for the "worst" areas. I'd be surprised if my power isnt restored today.

• Weenie 1