Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

So--had Charlie Baker declared a state-wide state of emergency the other day?

I can see this as one of those boy-who-cried-wolf situations like the '78 blizzard.  A prior hyped event that fails to materioalize makes everyone complacent when the next one comes along.  Of course, the only thing more rare than a hurricane in NE is two hurricanes in NE. 

I don’t think a state of emergency was declared.  They basically said use caution. 

A state of a-meh-gency 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

I think we all knew that western turn was gonna happen after landfall… it’s been fun watching this storm zigzag itself through various atmospheric elements…

With 300 heights closed south of the storm, I think it was going to be tough for it to slide too far east. 

• Like 1

so far, .70" of rain here, highest gust was 18, less than 10 sustained... and to think how insane the news made everyone yesterday rushing the stores around here, thinking the sky was falling. even my dad, knowing I've been following and studying weather for the better part of the last 4 decades, still watching the news and parking his car away from a 200 year old tree... unbelievable

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I imagine after today, unless there is another ‘cane threat, we probably won’t see you again until early December?

I know, I'm terrible. But my gf and kids appreciate it lol. I'm still reeling from learning about James though...and I guess I'm kinda going through that alone, and maybe that's what I deserve.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Thunderstorm? You're giving this thing a lot more credit than it deserves.

This is really lame. Not much up on the hill here either for wind.

It’s now or never for gusts....really between now and 3-4pm. We’re seeing temps/dews rise a bit into the low 70s so that may try to help the good 925 winds mix down, but the clock is ticking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s now or never for gusts....really between now and 3-4pm. We’re seeing temps/dews rise a bit into the low 70s so that may try to help the good 925 winds mix down, but the clock is ticking. 

Radar velocities are decent down here but aside from a few decent gusts, it's really not blowing at all.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

..heh, I feel like sleeper left for work before that alarm went off already -

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I even stacked my lounge chairs up on the pool deck, took the umbrella out of its stand, moved the deck box under cover, and got 15 gallons of gas for the Ginny. Not to mention I got to drag the generator back down to the shed. Gonna need a hellava lot of snow this winter to burn that much gas in the Ariens.

Save 5 gallons, put stabilizer in it and put the rest in the car. 

• Like 1