Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

What are you thinking for our area?

I'm thinking like 40-50mph gusts here. Best window looks like about noontime to 3ish. That's when the best combo of LLJ and weak inversion trying to break occur. Can't rule out some higher gusts if we get a good squall to mix the winds down, but I don't think 60+ would be widespread around here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm thinking like 40-50mph gusts here. Best window looks like about noontime to 3ish. That's when the best combo of LLJ and weak inversion trying to break occur. Can't rule out some higher gusts if we get a good squall to mix the winds down, but I don't think 60+ would be widespread around here.

It's going to do some damage.

Cliff walk is the spot . Right by the breakers 

Was in Newport late last nite then bailed on hotel . I wanted to be there for the 8am high tide but I also wanted it to be fairly dry and more ahead of the core . 

Wasn’t a big enough storm for me to chase for winds but Saturday nite that spot had 20 surfers of all ages and was a cool set up to watch . The usual waves breaking against the sea wall (that it past the cliff walk ) there is entertainment as it’s a high traffic spot on cliff walk and people just get hammered every few minutes thinking that part of cliff walk will be wave free

• Like 3

Just now, kdxken said:

It's going to do some damage.

Yeah 40-50 will bring down a decent number of limbs with the wet foliage all over them. A few trees being uprooted with the soggy ground are likely too. I'm just hoping to keep power, but the grid on this hill is about as good as the CT grid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good thing there is that inversion.  We talked about this early on and effect of upwelling.  That is 80 plus at 900mb

Screenshot_20210822-105242_RadarScope.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Rain band has set up again over NYC. Gonna add to their big totals from last night.

It's pouring where I am about 25mi SE of Midtown but it's about 15-20mph wind at best. High tide wasn't even all that impressive. Glad to be on the west side for once lol. For comparison Isaias had 78mph gusts here but maybe 5 minutes of actual rain. The bend NW is starting though so someone will get nailed with the rain in CT, upstate NY or down here. 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Good thing there is that inversion.  We talked about this early on and effect of upwelling.  That is 80 plus at 900mb

Models showed that really well actually. Well defined circulation at 925, but ragged near surface.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wind decreasing at BID now.

Suck zone?