• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021

wdrag

8 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

No idea how much, but still raining. Wunderground precip map from Mt. Holly has me in “purple” colors. I would guess 6+ at this point. 

Yeah all surrounding stations are 5"+ here.  Enough to get water in the basement, thankfully not too bad. 

Definitely enough rain for awhile.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I know that yesterday evening I was impressed with how quickly it was adding up as it didn't 'seem' that heavy.

I think this is a recognized thing with TCs but I have no idea why. Drop size? Drop shape? Fall speed? One day I'll try and learn something about the weather that doesn't have to do with snow. Not today tho.

• Like 6

These record WAR patterns with such strong blocking allow new types tropical cyclone tracks. This was the first Rhode Island landfall passing within 200 miles of Bermuda. Notice the rare track through Rhode Island twice under the block. Luckily, this was minor compared to the Sandy 1 in 700 year track under the record block in 2012.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

These record WAR patterns with such strong blocking allow new types tropical cyclone tracks. This was the first Rhode Island landfall passing within 200 miles of Bermuda. Notice the rare track through Rhode Island twice under the block. Luckily, this was minor compared to the Sandy 1 in 700 year track under the record block in 2012.

What would happen if a Cat 2 Hurricane like Sandy was before it transitioned took a track like that and stalled out (or even worse, a track over Central Long Island and stalled out?)

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

eventually one of these die rolls is going to be with a cat 3+

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, donsutherland1 said:

Central Park has 3-day rainfall of 8.05” through 10 am.

thanks, that's what I thought as well. But on the websites for ABC7 and NBC4, they both have that 4.47'' total listed for Central Park. 

I guess the question was more rhetorical as in, where are they getting this number ...

AND I just looked again, they were only reporting up until 8:30am yesterday so that explains it. Sorry for confusion, it's early and more coffee is needed. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic