• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021

wdrag

3 hours ago, jm1220 said:

It'll linger around for a while but it seems like the back edge is inching its way north. We'll see I guess. It's definitely not over north of me through NYC and Hudson Valley. Sort of the same precip shield/orientation as 2/25/10 with the pivoting NW low. 

I heard a tornado was spotted in NE PA in the Poconos- between Scranton and Allentown!

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Awesome job by the GFS especially. Literally the swath it had the heavy rain for had the least of the tri state area. :lol: 

Hamptons might not even have 1”. 

We should have just gone with climo, heaviest rainfall totals for those more than 100 miles west of the eye, progressively lesser as you get closer to the point of landfall and even less further east.

12 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

there's also a severe threat tomorrow afternoon 

nam4km_2021082218_024_40.63--74.31.png

Lee Goldberg just said "we're playing by different rules now with our extreme events"  We all know what he's talking about.

Close to 8 inches now in NYC, at least they measure rainfall well!

Lee also said that the tornado in NE PA is a warning shot for what could happen in our area tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, gpsnavigator said:

Sparta, NJ has been getting deluged now for an hour plus.  I don't have specific totals as I don't have a great gauge here but there are plenty of stations online.

Judging by the radar, we're going to have a issue if this doesn't break up or move on pretty soon.

I was at 2.52” as of 5:45pm via the Stratus rain gauge. That’s total  since yesterday evening. Some of the heaviest rain thus far has been in past 1/2 hr thus likey closing in on 3” at this point.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Awesome job by the GFS especially. Literally the swath it had the heavy rain for had the least of the tri state area. :lol: 

Hamptons might not even have 1”. 

The Euro and Ukie gave 5+ over and over.   I guess rain finds the same areas it always does regardless of track. 

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic