• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021

wdrag

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

It's going to pivot back later this afternoon and tonight right?

It'll linger around for a while but it seems like the back edge is inching its way north. We'll see I guess. It's definitely not over north of me through NYC and Hudson Valley. Sort of the same precip shield/orientation as 2/25/10 with the pivoting NW low. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

It'll linger around for a while but it seems like the back edge is inching its way north. We'll see I guess. It's definitely not over north of me through NYC and Hudson Valley. Sort of the same precip shield/orientation as 2/25/10 with the pivoting NW low. 

I was just thinking about that!  That night with all the wind and snow was unforgettable.  There was snow sticking to the sides of houses!

Just now, jm1220 said:

There was definitely a band of decent winds for awhile in Nassau/W Suffolk but the last 30-45 minutes it seems to be dropping back down again.  Were some gusts of 28-34 for a time

18 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

oh thats really sad, thats where I grew up (closer to Ocean Pkwy but in the same general area.)

Eastern Pkwy was two stops before mine on the F Train.

Parts of Brooklyn are probably over 8” by now with this band stalled out.

Kings County...
Brooklyn                     7.82 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
South Slope                  6.89 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
Prospect Park                6.88 in   0150 PM 08/22   AWS       

• Thanks 1

3.10 on my weather flow but it’s almost certainly too low. The wantagh mesonet is 4.5” and that lines up with the radar estimates. I do like the weather flow devices for everything else beside the way it measures rain. It’s some sort of algorithm based on the size of the rain drops. Sorry, but no technology beats measuring water in a bucket. 

55 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Parts of Brooklyn are probably over 8” by now with this band stalled out.

Kings County...
Brooklyn                     7.82 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
South Slope                  6.89 in   0145 PM 08/22   CWOP                 
Prospect Park                6.88 in   0150 PM 08/22   AWS       

I did not know Prospect park had a obs sight...Prospect park is a great place to compare to Central Park...ther once was a weather station in Prospect park a long time ago...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, uncle W said:

I did not know Prospect park had a obs sight...Prospect park is a great place to compare to Central Park...ther once was a weather station in Prospect park a long time ago...

I was wondering if that was still active, it never shows up on searches. I remember seeing historical reports and obs from there (before my time ;) ).

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic