• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021

wdrag

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Nowcast time...

Haha I just saw something that about made me drop my sandwich.  A map showing 3-5 additional inches of rain for most of the tristate area with a bullseye of 5-8 inches from Queens out to most of Long Island.  I wonder what model that came from (they were showing it on TWC and it was labeled as Euro, but the Euro hasn't come out yet.)

7 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Nowcast time...

Getting some gusts here too, with the trees bending a little I'd say they're 20-25

I use environmental indicators and the Beaufort wind scale to measure wind:

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/faq/tornado/beaufort.html

Looks like it's a 6 on that scale, a strong breeze, about 22-27 kts.

8 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Haha I just saw something that about made me drop my sandwich.  A map showing 3-5 additional inches of rain for most of the tristate area with a bullseye of 5-8 inches from Queens out to most of Long Island.  I wonder what model that came from (they were showing it on TWC and it was labeled as Euro, but the Euro hasn't come out yet.)

Twc is never up to date. They're probably using this morning's euro which did have a lot of rain

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

12z/22 HPC HREF I80 north and to the Ct River.  Been in the model for 3 consecutive runs. LONG ways to go on this rain event., 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RippleEffect said:

Any flooding going on in the city? 

Nothing today. Given the flat terrain and lack of rivers that flood, NYC generally only floods with very heavy rates that produce flash flooding. Hours of light to moderate rain won't do anything. 

• Like 2

Just now, dmillz25 said:

I live near by there and that flooding was crazy 

I was a few miles south of there and the rainfall was easily the most intense I've ever seen. Every staircase looked like a waterfall. Out here in SI I got somewhat less rain and am closing in on 5 inches. 

• Thanks 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic