• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021

wdrag

7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The GFS is banking on a much weaker storm and that’s a big reason it’s so far East. 

Well yeah, my point was at this point in time it wasn’t crazy.

With that being said, it looks as good as it has structurally, and convection is finally starting to burst in the southern half of the eye wall… need to watch this closely since if it does manage to strengthen rapidly it would change the equation

33 minutes ago, justinj said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fa29a9c0a8d1925f47468590caf49504.jpeg

Goodness I didn’t expect it to continue this much.  Even the HWRF went east. Could always slide west last second but I think FOK would be absolute furthest west at this stage.  I think it was able to just escape the trof enough the last 18 hours it was able to tick its way east 

3 hours ago, RutCorRX said:

Really sorry, don't want to clog thread. Have a 4 month old and wanted to visit family down in Avalon NJ. We're leaving from Hoboken. Anyone have any suggestions if we should consider Sunday a no go for travel and just leave Monday am? First real "long" drive with the new one, so I'm gonna be white knuckle enough as it is.

No just don't. You might have to stay home and monitor your own power outage. You don't want to come home to a rotten refrigerator.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Goodness I didn’t expect it to continue this much.  Even the HWRF went east. Could always slide west last second but I think FOK would be absolute furthest west at this stage.  I think it was able to just escape the trof enough the last 18 hours it was able to tick its way east 

Weaker was always east

• Rjay unpinned this topic