• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Henri: Moderate-Major impacts NYC subforum this weekend, possibly into Monday August 21-23, 2021

wdrag

7 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Sure, lets drop the warnings as the NHC track actually came a little west. 

I trust their brains over a few random models that aren't all that accurate.  The reaction in this thread presents a good argument for why amateurs shouldn't have access to these models.

• Like 1

Just now, NorthShoreWx said:

Too many week + long power outages here in recent years.  I'm a little excited, but it's just not the same as it used to be.  FYI, for those fortunate enough to live elsewhere, Long Island lags behind most third world countries when it comes to the power grid. 

Same. Isaias was a mess for days and we just had a 1 day outage last week. I've never before wished a storm away--I'm not used to it!--but just can't deal with a multi-day outage in hot weather again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cerinthe Major said:

Same. Isaias was a mess for days and we just had a 1 day outage last week. I've never before wished a storm away--I'm not used to it!--but just can't deal with a multi-day outage in hot weather again.

fully leafed trees here, tomorrow is prep day to get generators and back up power, etc.

8 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Too many week + long power outages here in recent years.  I'm a little excited, but it's just not the same as it used to be.  FYI, for those fortunate enough to live elsewhere, Long Island lags behind most third world countries when it comes to the power grid. 

PSEG talking about 7-10 days of outage certainly raised a lot of eyebrows.  Wasnt PSEG brought in here so this kind of thing wouldnt happen?

• Rjay unpinned this topic