Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's almost like an PRE that's pivoted around -

I mean the strongest jet was on the northern side of the upper low, which would've put NJ in the right entrance region. I would have to dig deeper, but you could see the conceptual model kind of flipped on its head given the anomalous easterly flow.

11 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean the strongest jet was on the northern side of the upper low, which would've put NJ in the right entrance region. I would have to dig deeper, but you could see the conceptual model kind of flipped on its head given the anomalous easterly flow.

Yeah not exactly how you’d see it depicted in a ppt.

17 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

exactly - the whole thing is geo-inverted in that sense.  

you know, from the get go we knew this was an anomalous ordeal - but it just keeps unfolding that way as the story's being written.

3 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

MET JIM CANTORE!!  

He said "This is NOTHING like Sandy"  

Then I said "Jim.  December.  1996."  

And he goes "Worcester!!!!"  And then PROCEEDS TO GO OVER EVERY SINGLE TIME HE'S HEARD THUNDERSNOW in his Life!!   Total Weenie!!  :weenie: :cory:  

6 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

MET JIM CANTORE!!  

He said "This is NOTHING like Sandy"  

Then I said "Jim.  December.  1996."  

And he goes "Worcester!!!!"  And then PROCEEDS TO GO OVER EVERY SINGLE TIME HE'S HEARD THUNDERSNOW in his Life!!   Total Weenie!!  :weenie: :cory:  

...a good thing SandySurvivor wasn't there....

the only aspect that really hearkens to Sandy - imho - is just the principle of U/A capture.

That in and of its self bears similarity. ....Maaaybe the -NAO dive preceding can be thrown into that argument.

But beyond that, ... it's like saying a mushroom cloud over a camp fire is the same as an a-bomb;  at some point the magnitude has to diminish the usefulness of a comparison to futility.