Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, cptcatz said:

I saw him at Sunbelt Rentals getting some industrial sized fans. 

As in to try and Hype the storm up more because the storm itself isn’t doing the hype Justice?  

And I can’t believe he isn’t Live right Now with the Worst of it!!  He should be on TV Right Now so you can find him, isn’t that there point?  

Not sure why there’s so much anger towards tracking interesting weather in late August. Sure not as strong as some had hoped, but as a homeowner with a hurricane rider I’m quite happy it didn’t max out…

I’ll repost this to lighten the mood since it’s still applicable, thanks to the forums AI software lol…

E0D23852-6564-49D9-B11A-9ECEA782DA5E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Not sure why there’s so much anger towards tracking interesting weather in late August. Sure not as strong as some had hoped, but as a homeowner with a hurricane rider I’m quite happy it didn’t max out…

I’ll repost this to lighten the mood since it’s still applicable, thanks to the forums AI software lol…

E0D23852-6564-49D9-B11A-9ECEA782DA5E.jpeg

I can't get this image out of my head when I think of SandySurvivor having everything packed...

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

In all seriousness though I think this is a perfect example as to why forecasting should never go private. When you have JB posting irresponsible garbage like he did but it becomes the front line of forecasting that isn’t good.

The NWS was pretty conservative and in point this whole time.

A really stupid population is what keeps really stupid private enterprises going, rather than causing them to fail. (And government run agencies are no different, probably even worse in the sense there is no incentive.)   I'm all for private.  But it becomes hard when you have a population of idiots.  Freedom requires intelligence. Otherwise, we get massive government intrusion to "take care" of the idiots. And we're all negatively affected by that.

• Weenie 1

The heavy rain associated with Henri not only forced the concert celebrating New York City's comeback to be cut short Saturday, but it also resulted in New York City's Central Park beating its daily rainfall record with 4.45 inches of rain.

The old record was 4.19 inches of rain, which was from 1888.

It was also New York City's wettest day since 2014. The storm also broke the city's all-time hourly rainfall record. 

"The 1.94" of rain that fell from 10pm to 11pm at Central Park last night was the wettest hour on record for New York City," the NWS in New York tweeted this morning. 

3.78" of rain between 10 pm and midnight.

14 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

"The 1.94" of rain that fell from 10pm to 11pm at Central Park last night was the wettest hour on record for New York City," the NWS in New York tweeted this morning. 

3.78" of rain between 10 pm and midnight.

I just posted about this in the NYC thread but that 1hr record is a joke.  The 3.78" in 2 hrs is nothing to sneeze at though.