• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

I can NOT get over the 11pm Map.  DIRECT Hit, Worst Possible Scenario Track for RI; Eye going Straight Up the West of RI, and the Water gets Pushed up Narragansett Bay on the Right Side eyewall.  

And I CAN NOT get over How there isn’tan Ounce of Wind Tonight.  Not a Cloud in the Sky.  Complete with a Full Moon.  Just the most Perfect Night.  And This is coming?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sojitodd said:

Central Park had nearly 2 inches of rain in the last hour. How much flash flooding does that cause there?-how bad is it where you are?  It looks like it will be tapering off. How much more do you expect?

Subways are closing, Brooklyn Battery Tunnel shut down I believe, water rescues in Brooklyn and cars elsewhere stalled/roads closed. So…. Pretty bad. 

1 minute ago, hooralph said:

Central Park set an all time hourly rainfall record this evening. It’s nuts here. 

What!?  An All-Time Hourly Record!?  And that’s just from a long tail outfront of the storm.  WOW.  

Central Park received 1.94” of rain in the last hour. That set a new hourly #record. The old record was 1.76”, which was set on September 8, 2004.   

3 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

What!?  An All-Time Hourly Record!?  And that’s just from a long tail outfront of the storm.  WOW.  

Central Park received 1.94” of rain in the last hour. That set a new hourly #record. The old record was 1.76”, which was set on September 8, 2004.   

It's insane here I'm NYC

Subways closed

Cars stranded in flooding 

Transformers blowing 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Theres a definite NW trajectory occuring now.......is the trough overperforming or something? Or did the models not handle the H too great with that east shift?

None of the models showed the Pre that bad in NYC and NJ.

Big model failure 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Theres a definite NW trajectory occuring now.......is the trough overperforming or something? Or did the models not handle the H too great with that east shift?

Looking at it on radar... seems to be going where it was predicted.  NNW turn is required for E CT/W RI landfall...

Just now, ice1972 said:

I’m in cape May BTW….I have no dog here….other than my house in West Hartford…..lol

I just can't see it.  There's a point on the map due north maybe a smidge nnw of the eye and it's moving right towards it, lol.  Otherwise I don't care either the farther away from my house the better... but it's not looking like that.

1 minute ago, bristolri_wx said:

I just can't see it.  There's a point on the map due north maybe a smidge nnw of the eye and it's moving right towards it, lol.  Otherwise I don't care either the farther away from my house the better... but it's not looking like that.

OK thats fine.....its just we thought we knew 12 hours ago......maybe we still don't know....IDK.....lol

BTW the high tide here in Cape May flooded out our unit on the bottom floor....which seemed fine mostly cuz we are on the second floor.....owner didn't think anything about it...lol

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic