• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

There's been an eye for the better part of the day. Having an eye isn't the issue IMO. The issue is wrapping convection completely around the eye consistently enough to allow for the engine to rev. Hasn't happened up to this point and I don't know why things would be much different as it passes the GS. Maybe it'll get it done here but kind of late in the game. 

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The first half of their track matches 0Z FV3 to a tee then it veers 

Yeah, I guess so. My call has been made so whatever happens happens.

It's on radar now so I'm in chips fall i.e. :weenie:mode. 

• Like 1

Like 5 days ago I was reading the forecast discussion, and in the absense of imminent expected storms, I don’t habitually read that every single day.

so I think on the 18th I read that “Henri passes us well to the south and goes out to sea but maybe heavy surf on the coast” I just dismissed it and didn’t go back to the forecast until I started seeing it all up in the news 

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looks like not only is Forky not getting a cane he's not getting the Pre flash flooding.  Congrats Ant

I'm in Maryland now but coming home tomorrow. 

My uncle says it's insane right now in Brooklyn. 

Over 4 inches and counting already. 

Very surprised the NHC didn't upgrade SE MA, the Islands and at least the south facing shore of Cape Cod to hurricane warnings, as they're closer to the center of the track than western Suffolk County - and they're to the east of the center, which should see greater winds/storm surge.  Just don't get it.  

16 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Rains look big time. Coastal flooding looks legit. No matter what happens with wind or landfall spot I'm glad I hammered hydro home. 

Yea, this was purely hydro for me since I saw it get sheared to shit at 30+ latitude...that is game over for anything for than marginal cane. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, this was purely hydro for me since I saw it get sheared to shit at 30+ latitude...that is game over for anything for than marginal cane. 

I thought it had enough time to get it together and make a run at higher end 1 before weakening on final approach, but longer lasting mid shear and dry air never allowed it to get going. 

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic