Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

26 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

People prepping late. Just grabbed some ice cream from out local gas station. They have only a few hundred gallons left and not expecting a delivery until Monday at the earliest. Meanwhile there were people from nearby towns who drove there because all their stations are out. 

We went out for dinner.  On the way home I passed a gas station with zero people at it.  
I then stopped at the one I typically use to fill up and it was a zoo.  Very weird.  Several pumps were closed.  
The two stations are within a mile of each other. 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

We went out for dinner.  On the way home I passed a gas station with zero people at it.  
I then stopped at the one I typically use to fill up and it was a zoo.  Very weird.  Several pumps were closed.  

Did they have ice cream?

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Newman said:

There's actually an impressive blowup of convection right over the center currently. We'll see if it's just a quick pulse or if it maintains

This is the only chance it has, right now. It's shed a lot of that se convection and has decent structure over hot water. I don't see how it doesn't gain a little strength, but just a little.

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah, I went to the Stop and Shop in Marston Mills and then went over to Mashpee Commons to pick up dinner and there didn't seem like there were that many people in the store or at the gas stations I passed.

Didn't seem like many people had gone to the store earlier either. Plenty of ice cream in stock... :P

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bruinsyear said:

A few hundred gallons of ice cream or gas left? I'd be very concerned if its the former....

27 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I got a gallon of blueberry and a gallon of moose tracks.  They still had quite a bit left up here.  Not sure of their delivery schedule though.

LOL. Well done. Lack of clarity is probably why my dissertation is taking so damn long. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Quincy said:

00z HRRR sneaks in between MTP and BID. Very lopsided rainfall-wise. Almost nothing on the east side by landfall:

mkgif.php?rate=40&pause=140&startLabel=1

At least a model is finally showing a decent shield. I laughed when I saw it start out 8-10mb higher than what the recons are finding. 

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Who the **** buys blueberry ice cream anyway…lol. 

Had some great homemade ice cream at the Hardwick fair last night.  Orange pineapple.  Yum 

Gifford's is awesome.  Actually if you eat blueberry and maple walnut, it's kind of like eating pancakes.  :)

3 minutes ago, cheese007 said:

Genuine question: Is there any reason this thread is not in storm mode?

Because this storm sucks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

People prepping late. Just grabbed some ice cream from out local gas station. They have only a few hundred gallons left and not expecting a delivery until Monday at the earliest. Meanwhile there were people from nearby towns who drove there because all their stations are out. 

That’s a lot of ice cream for a gas station. 

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic