Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Try 8 days without power running a generator and tell me its not an asset issue. Of course floods are bad but Ct isn't Missouri either.

8 days without power? Wtf, you live in Afghanistan?  I think I’ve lost power here a total of 2 days in 17 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 4

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

8 days without power? Wtf, you live in Afghanistan?  I think I’ve lost power here a total of 2 days in 17 years.  

Must be nice to live in the city, I lost power for 5 days for Irene and 5 for the October Snow storm, and I wasn’t necessarily in the sticks of NE CT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Irene , shit many in October snow bomb lost it for two weeks. Glad you are privileged though. Of course interior Emass doesn't get crazy storms

• Like 2

Product: NOAA Vortex Message (URNT12 KWBC)
Transmitted: 21st day of the month at 23:04Z
Agency: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Aircraft: Lockheed WP-3D Orion (Reg. Num. N42RF)
Storm Name: Henri
Storm Number & Year: 08 in 2021 (flight in the North Atlantic basin)
Mission Number: 12
Observation Number: 05 ( See all messages of this type for this mission. )

A. Time of Center Fix: 21st day of the month at 22:35:24Z
B. Center Fix Coordinates: 37.08N 71.04W
B. Center Fix Location: 238 statute miles (384 km) to the ESE (112°) from Ocean City, MD, USA.
C. Minimum Height at Standard Level: 2,991m (9,813ft) at 700mb
D. Minimum Sea Level Pressure: 988mb (29.18 inHg)
E. Dropsonde Surface Wind at Center: From 285° at 6kts (From the WNW at 7mph)
F. Eye Character: Open in the northeast
G. Eye Shape & Diameter: Circular with a diameter of 25 nautical miles (29 statute miles)
H. Estimated (by SFMR or visually) Maximum Surface Wind Inbound: 59kts (67.9mph)
I. Location & Time of the Estimated Maximum Surface Wind Inbound: 18 nautical miles (21 statute miles) to the SSW (202°) of center fix at 22:27:17Z
J. Maximum Flight Level Wind Inbound: From 271° at 60kts (From the W at 69.0mph)
K. Location & Time of the Maximum Flight Level Wind Inbound: 33 nautical miles (38 statute miles) to the SSW (210°) of center fix at 22:24:05Z
L. Estimated (by SFMR or visually) Maximum Surface Wind Outbound: 49kts (56.4mph)
M. Location & Time of the Estimated Maximum Surface Wind Outbound: 10 nautical miles (12 statute miles) to the N/NNE (11°) of center fix at 22:37:45Z
N. Maximum Flight Level Wind Outbound: From 132° at 52kts (From the SE at 59.8mph)
O. Location & Time of the Maximum Flight Level Wind Outbound: 58 nautical miles (67 statute miles) to the N (4°) of center fix at 22:48:32Z
P. Maximum Flight Level Temp & Pressure Altitude Outside Eye: 10°C (50°F) at a pressure alt. of 3,067m (10,062ft)
Q. Maximum Flight Level Temp & Pressure Altitude Inside Eye: 15°C (59°F) at a pressure alt. of 3,068m (10,066ft)
R. Dewpoint Temp (collected at same location as temp inside eye): 10°C (50°F)
R. Sea Surface Temp (collected at same location as temp inside eye): Not Available
S. Fix Determined By: Penetration, Radar, Wind and Temperature
S. Fix Level: 700mb
T. Navigational Fix Accuracy: 0.01 nautical miles
T. Meteorological Accuracy: 1 nautical mile

Remarks Section:

Maximum Flight Level Wind: 60kts (~ 69.0mph) which was observed 33 nautical miles (38 statute miles) to the SSW (210°) from the flight level center at 22:24:05Z
Maximum Flight Level Temp: 15°C (59°F) which was observed 5 nautical miles to the SE (130°) from the flight level center
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Latest extrap pressure is 984mb on the recon. Certainly has been deepening today, fallen about 10mb or so from this morning. No stronger winds found yet though. 

I wonder what they will find on the NW to SE pass. The SE side has consistently had the strongest FL and surface winds. Wind field does good better generally from what I see so far. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Irene , shit many in October snow bomb lost it for two weeks. Glad you are privileged though

That October storm was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen. I was lucky to never lose power, but people just a few blocks over lost it for ten days. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It can deepen but that doesn’t always equate to winds. Probably will help augment and expand winds. 

This. And given the fact that Henri has always had a broad wind field it's possible we see pressure drops and just have a broader wind field rather than more intense center. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Must be nice to live in the city, I lost power for 5 days for Irene and 5 for the October Snow storm, and I wasn’t necessarily in the sticks of NE CT

I do live in a city of 60+k with a municipal power company, but I live in a rural part of it away from downtown.  I’m surrounded by the airport, cranberry bogs and farmland.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those are just insane lengths of time to have no power, and it’s not like you live in the middle of no where.  Jeez.

The most frustrating may have been Isiass. Trees down in the middle of roads for 5 days before anyone attended to them when they had plenty of time and notice to prep. May 18 Tor was somewhat understandable giving the short notice and extensive destruction in this region.

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic