Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

Just now, CoastalWx said:

You aren’t losing your house or car. So some meat and milk goes bad. Big deal.

Can't wait until you lose power for 10 days. Get back to me on how much it cost you. Flooding is horrible but again this isn't the great Plains where entire towns are submerged. Lots of flood control built after 55

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Meh power outages aren’t a huge deal. More inconvenience. Flooding is a structural issue or an asset issue like with cars.

Prolonged power outages are a pretty huge deal tbh. Not the structural damage that flooding is... But a huge issue nonetheless. 

• Like 1

984mb and towers going up all around the eye means (to me) that this could go through RI this evening.  Do any models have Henri getting down to the 970's?   This morning I thought this was going to under achive.  Now it's going to overachieve.  So take winds and surge up from model output?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Can't wait until you lose power for 10 days. Get back to me on how much it cost you. Flooding is horrible but again this isn't the great Plains where entire towns are submerged. Lots of flood control built after 55

Having learned the hard way, only took 1 time (six days but had a pool) at the old house so I bought a Generac. I'm planning on going solar, off the grid design at the new place "IF" I live long enough... 

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

984mb and towers going up all around the eye means (to me) that this could go through RI this evening.  Do any models have Henri getting down to the 970's?   This morning I thought this was going to under achive.  Now it's going to overachieve.  So take winds and surge up from model output?

If it gets stronger it’s gonna go more west…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

timeup.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Cat 5?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Why would the southeast coast have a lower probability than just inland?

My only guess is tree density and hills maybe? Still seems kind of odd, especially if longer duration damaging winds are expected in far SE CT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic