• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

I haven’t noticed any east trend at all. On the euro, navy, and short range guidance like the nam, rgem, href ect the low makes landfall around eastern long island, comes up right over Rhode Island and then moves west into the Berkshires and right over the Hudson Valley. This storm will be extremely powerful, blowing it off is a big mistake in my opinion, with how far west the low is moving we could see tropical storm conditions as far west as Albany. The low has actually moved west since yesterday, before they were saying it was going right over eastern mass and now it’s going over western mass.

• Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, salbers said:

More eyewall development - an inside view:

download_eyewall.gif

That looks extremely powerful. When you see an eye like that it’s a sign that the low is going to strengthen more than expected. I have never in my life seen a storm with an eye end up being weaker than expected. In my opinion the models will start increasing the strength of the low.

• Weenie 7

I already told my family there is going to be a massive hurricane headed for us. With a storm like this id rather be overprepared than underprepared. I noticed that some posters here aren’t really taking the storm that seriously, which I kinda get because the low doesn’t look all that strong on the models. If anyone is planning on going on like normal with their plans tomorrow, I strongly recommend reconsidering, even if it’s unlikely you do not want to get stuck driving home in the middle of a stronger than expected category 2 hurricane. I am aware that is not the forecast right now, but with how the storm looks right now the possibly that it strengthens more than expected is there. I hope it doesn’t get that strong because I’m not a big fan of hurricanes like I am blizzards, but I just can’t see how this ends up being weaker than expected looking at the storm right now.

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 8

With the caveat that recon would be an even better indicator, the eye of Henri looks pretty good as it begins to cross into the Gulf Stream. It looks circular with convection (albeit weak) wrapping around it. You can also see fast low level motion that may be indicative of a tighter and stronger wind field. 

Of course, we don't know if winds are mixing down or if the pressure is dropping, but it looks good. If crossing the GS can pop some hot towers and evacuate some of the residual dry air, it could quickly improve in presentation and organization in the few hours before reaching cooler waters. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761111c1cd67265cf9f196

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, George001 said:

I already told my family there is going to be a massive hurricane headed for us. With a storm like this id rather be overprepared than underprepared. I noticed that some posters here aren’t really taking the storm that seriously, which I kinda get because the low doesn’t look all that strong on the models. If anyone is planning on going on like normal with their plans tomorrow, I strongly recommend reconsidering, even if it’s unlikely you do not want to get stuck driving home in the middle of a stronger than expected category 2 hurricane. I am aware that is not the forecast right now, but with how the storm looks right now the possibly that it strengthens more than expected is there. I hope it doesn’t get that strong because I’m not a big fan of hurricanes like I am blizzards, but I just can’t see how this ends up being weaker than expected looking at the storm right now.

Ah yes. I too remember my weenie days. Oh wait, they never ended. I’d consider chasing it, but still saving up for winter chasing and/or move to Worcester baby! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

RFQ is more important than LF spot, that is why GON to Watch Hill are in the cross hairs 

Hey Ginx... with the trajectory Henri is forecast to take towards the SNE coast and the astronomical high tides, do you think Misquamicut could see structural damage from surge similar to Sandy?

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic