Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

Just now, jbenedet said:

I’m not opining based on impact to SE New Hampshire. 

I’m fascinated and tracking out of interest for south coast, Long Island and SNE (for flooding risks). 

wind absolutely not the big story—it’s storm surge layered on very high seas—coastal flooding. Heavy rainfall.

The fixation and on surface winds away from the immediate coast always seemed silly. I’ve been trying to stress the somewhat overlooked coastal flooding/surge topic for a while, but it seems like some are more interested with peak wind gust potential atop Mount Tolland.

• Like 1

Yeah... I tend to agree with Scott here.

Looks like the window shut on this ordeal. 

Snowgoose69 was good to mention yesterday, ... ya know, the last 20 .. 30 years, seems we've fielded these slow astride the coast coughing systems and it really is true, in just about every one of them that I can recall ...the lead modeling tried to bomb them ( in relative measure - strengthen markedly tho) as it was lifting.  

0 for what ... 7 of 'em.

Now, past blah blah doesn't depict the future ..but one is dumb not to learn from it, or they will repeat.  That's the rub. Lol. But in this case, it's like we need the title of next ordeal to say, "Model's lying about a deepening a TC" and then let ourselves be wrong before this bs will ever allow us to be right. 

I'm partially kidding.  But I do believe there is something to the models consistently attempting to do this and we end up with pedestrian sort of light to moderate impactors.  We'll see what now cast reveals this evening ...

( If that doesn't trigger this thing to suddenly strengthen to category 2 or 3 ...)  nothing will.

I loathe each and every one of you :lol: 

My thoughts haven't really changed much after the midday guidance for CT. Maybe I'd go a bit lower on inland winds, but I never thought we needed higher end gusts to create a high impact event because of a combination of heavy rainfall (my main concern), already saturated soils, and the duration of wind gusts.

With the center likely to pass over CT I think it's going to be windy everywhere, but obviously worse at the shore and closer to the center before full on decay. Heavy rain, coastal flooding/surge, and enough wind to cause widespread power outages.

• Like 6

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic