Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

7 minutes ago, MarkO said:

It's been improving throughout the day. Be interesting to see if this latest pulse produces an eye. Not sure why the Saffir Simpson Scale begins at 65kts, but it seems to be the difference between a discernible eye or not.

I think you just answered your own question. B)

Looks like a non event for the NH seacoast. Just hoping for some good swell one day to get out surfing. Oceans been flat as a pancake lately. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I hope people realize that power could be out for awhile, not matter how many trucks you have.. 3+ days is a given.. so be prepared.  

During the May 2018 Derecho I had no power for 3 days/6 hours after the storm and being without lights for 3+ days is no fun at all. The sad irony of that was a furniture store in town where I live caught fire when 75% of town got their lights back that Friday night. It sits gutted and abandoned now, a mere block from a certain celebrity’s wife’s shop. Life is weird, and so is the weather.

Just now, crossbowftw3 said:

During the May 2018 Derecho I had no power for 3 days/6 hours after the storm and being without lights for 3+ days is no fun at all. The sad irony of that was a furniture store in town where I live caught fire when 75% of town got their lights back that Friday night.

Yeah, unless you have a generator it's misery not to have power for more than a few days, especially when it looks humid/warm after the storm.. not like we drop to cool days after the storm.  We lost power for 8 days after Andrew, I was young so did not care but my parents hate it, they left on a cruise after 5 days lol.

Furniture store: Power surge?

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

Yeah, unless you have a generator it's misery not to have power for more than a few days, especially when it looks humid/warm after the storm.. not like we drop to cool days after the storm.  We lost power for 8 days after Andrew, I was young so did not care but my parents hate it, they left on a cruise after 5 days lol.

I believe the cause was a power surge considering it was on Main Street.

8 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Yea long outages suck. We lost power for 2 weeks after Gloria and it was hot and humid afterword for several days. My son was about 2 months old and I remember it being freaking hot. No fan, no ac and no water. We had to drive to in-laws 10 miles away to get tubs of water just for flushing the toilet. I bought a generator shortly after and would never be without one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

still looks like the center is west of the deeper convection

It hasn't significantly changed, there's been no attempt for the deeper convection to begin wrapping around at all. We need a big tower or two to go up and do that work.

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic