Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If I’m reading  current recon  numbers correct ,seems the center may be a bit further East than NHC estimate ..maybe around 73.5W and close to that blow up 

LOL just what we need in this ever-changing cluster of a forecast. More changes and surprises to come for sure! 

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Agreed man. When we both said a few months ago that this had a good chance to be “SNE” year.. eyebrows raised. Ray also agreed. The trifecta 

I remembered the storm it was Hurricane Belle in 76, ended up with some gust to 60 from a 120 mph Hatteras storm, slowly died in cold waters. Lol I found this old Kodak from Belle, I didn't take the pic Mr Eaves lol.  Thats me heading out. Probably best 3 day sets of my life form wise.

Screenshot_20210820-181014_Photos.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

This is going to be an extremely difficult forecast at very short lead times. Model guidance showing that second recurve west beginning right as Henri is closest to land...

Lol ... like the electron double-slit paradox that behaves like the electron is trying to be evasive - maybe we should all collectively ignore the forecast right up through Worcester

• Haha 3

Eversource says they have brought in 4,000 additional crews, have 2,000 poles and 3,000 transformers on hand. Seems like they have resources in place plus whatever the town public works can add for tree removal. Let's just hope they don't do what they always do and dick around for the first 24-36 hours "assessing damage" before actually getting to work like with Isiaias. If they really do have that many people, they should be able to put a dozen crews in every town so the outages for most people shouldn't be too long. The frustrating part last time was basically going a day or two and not seeing any power trucks in their town.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Better hope Eversource can mobilize 1000 trucks out of their fannies because yall are going to need it 

They’re sending out messages , phone calls , social media etc that they have hundreds of out of state crews ready . There is a new law that if people are without power for more than 3 days, they get fined per household 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We may lose all the CT posters for a week although I’m sure they’ll charge their phones in their cars....

As much as I'm bummed to not be on Fishers Island for this, I do live in Hamden... so I got that going for me. I should get power back by the holiday get together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’re sending out messages , phone calls , social media etc that they have hundreds of out of state crews ready . There is a new law that if people are without power for more than 3 days, they get fined per household 

I’m impressed. Connecticut has come a long way from the Stone Ages of...2020.

• Haha 6

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic