Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

Um that’s not the 993mb low the other maps shows. Wtf!

My guess is that some websites use their own calculations with data provided by the model to produce a map. Hence the discrepancy in pressure on different websites. That's just a guess I have no idea how it works.

20 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

That very well may just be convection wrapping upshear as the shear magnitude lessens (down to ~13 kt on CIMSS, probably sinking <20 in the mid-upper levels).

Yeah on visible it still looks to have a slight westerly component.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the LLC loop into the MLC as shear decreases later today.

I was just looking at the tide charts for NYC ... Looks like the 8:55 am Sunday tide ..should the west correction become more real, is unfortunately timed rather well with the approach to the coast that morning.  

If this thing is a category 2 and it is moving headlong, bee-lined into the Bite region on top of that high tide cycle...  oy

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

LOL HMON into C-NJ...I have never really followed it much but I think the HWRF tends to be way more accurate

LOL I was just noticing that quote from me you have in your sig...I  remember I made that out of frustration when the GFS pulled the rug out and a good snow event ended up a rainer. I was so pissed bc I was calling for a huge snow month, which eventually worked out, thankfully lol

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was just looking at the tide charts for NYC ... Looks like the 8:55 am Sunday tide ..should the west correction become more real, is unfortunately timed rather well with the approach to the coast that morning.  

If this thing is a category 2 and it is moving headlong, bee-lined into the Bite region on top of that high tide cycle...  oy

As a benefit will see how much was (not) learned post Sandy. 

A microcosm of our macroeconomic system 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

HWRF east at 12z. Not surprised. 

It's also the leading hurricane model in medium range

Thats basically the first model to shift east in 36 hours but given the WAR I feel that is too east...maybe only by 20-30 miles but right now I still say this comes in near HTO or a bit west.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

20210820_133604.thumb.jpg.feb92e6105a3a67057c811058cc91266.jpg

That might actually bring surge waters into downtown Providence in that scenario.

I think who's a 1938 aficionado ...I'm almost certain there's a high-water mark around Town Hall that has the 1938 ... I may be fantasizing that ... but, that Buzzard Bay in a bad bad spot for that stream line analysis - heh.

Actually edit: that's kind of a weaker system there... well, maybe not. But if a stronger system moving into that position would be -

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic