Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

16 minutes ago, LovewellHemp said:

I have a hemp farm in Hope Valley, RI and I'm trying to gauge if it's worth $1000 in materials and the next 48 hours of my life staking up an acre of plants. Are we looking at guaranteed 50+ mph winds 10 miles inland? I appreciate any and all input 

By the time you have a guarantee it will be too late.  IMO, the real questions to ask yourself are: what is your crop worth, how much of your crop could potentially be saved by doing this, and how much up the shitter you are if you lose it all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FXWX said:

Just my 2-cents, but way too much emphasis on every tiny track or intensity change on every 6 hour model run.  Not enough emphasis on the trends of the strength and physical layout of the west Atl. ridge to Henri's north and east, as well as the behavior of the OV upper level trough.  Henri does not exist in a vacuum.  It will only go where other large-scale features allow it to go.  Closely monitor the position and changes & pressure tendencies of the Atlantic ridge's isobaric pattern.  You have to continually ask yourself, does the modeled track make sense given the layout of the large-scale surface and upper air pressure / height pattern.

Some of us have been attempting to keep that more focused ...

I ( and anyone else that may have...) spoke at length about the similarities to Sandy, namely: 

-NAO

U/A trough

... the interaction between these two is the entire conductor in orchestrating the destiny of Henri's song.

As Sandy demoed in the models, ...they were vastly too far N and E all along, and subsequently correct the "left hook" as it's coined, farther and farther SW.  At first, in the guidance, the consensus was impressive to even pick it up - we can be amazed by just that alone...  - but it had it deviating back to a N track E of Maine.  Then, D 10 -- D7 it was into Maine ... then SNE, then NYC...   ultimately, land fall was near Cape May NJ ( or thereabouts...). 

Granted, the -NAO blocking structures, as well as the trough, ...are not as anomalously strong as that example.   Still, I am noting a definitive correction in the amount of hooking left, and it may be limitation do to beta-drift at extended leads, where the models can't really drive a cyclonic rotation against the Coriolis parameter and see the amount of that westward turn - speculative in these latter aspects.   I trip into the NY Bite is certainly on the table.  

As I opined with passion a few moments ago ...that might be very very bad.   heh...  I wonder how much a city/region, that really is a small sub-country, can take, before a migration event takes place.   It's got a tongue-in-cheek humor but for f' sake,   911 ...  Sandy ... Pandemic ... and should this drill a Category 2/3 direct ( keeping in mind, Sandy's surge into the understructure of the city was an indirect result! ) surge ...  I could almost imagine that becomes a spooked out creep hovel of dystopian fears and people throw hands... resiliency mystique or not, get me the fuggoutta 'eer

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’ll be at sachuest point next to Newport for that unless I’m chased off by “authorities” which is a solid chance the road to the wildlife sanctuary is closed off 

That road is often closed in bad weather, as is the road at first beach, both flood quite easily. I'd look elsewhere, perhaps somewhere a little less fashionable along the cliffwalk? They'll close ocean drive to local traffic only as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

That road is often closed in bad weather, as is the road at first beach, both flood quite easily. I'd look elsewhere, perhaps somewhere a little less fashionable along the cliffwalk? They'll close ocean drive to local traffic only as well.

Figured , love the cliff walk spot ..Will they close the side road that extends out to the break known as ruggles

even the area by purgatory chasm if I can get in that lot would be solid 

it’s always fun watching the cliff walk at that spot as folks try to scamper down the walkway along the sea wall and time the surf 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Figured , love the cliff walk spot ..Will they close the side road that extends out to the break known as ruggles

even the area by purgatory chasm if I can get in that lot would be solid 

it’s always fun watching the cliff walk at that spot as folks try to scamper down the walkway along the sea wall and time the surf 

They'll likely patrol a couple spots, all of salve's campus ones, for sure. 

Seaview ave access is a pretty sure bet though if the others are closed off.

• Thanks 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic