Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I feel really confident about flooding and heavy rain, Winds could be meh, but the flooding could be just terrible. Intensity over the next 24h is the big q mark. 

Surge should be quite bad. You better hope it doesn't blow up tomorrow & Saturday.

Models are always off on intensity (usually too weak). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Can't really look at those maps with these.. usually way underdone  with tropical systems

Yes tropical rainfall is of the "warm rain" variety not the "cold rain" we typically think of in most cases. I have no idea if these numerical models take into account the differing cloud physics and precip processes that occur, so I can't speak to that. But regardless, yes it's why radar has a hard time at picking up on proper dbZ values in tropical systems

Posting because this was actually alluded to a bit this morning and we did see some hints of a possible downshear reformation that looked to be ongoing from recon. Not saying RI is happening for those lurking, but rather highlighting a possible reason we see intensification once this starts paralleling the coast.

Xiaomin is an atmospheric scientist for HRD (Hurricane Research Division) at NOAA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modfan2 said:

I think goal post is CT/RI line to the Cape with more hydro related concerns vs wind. However it won’t take much wind to take down some tree after today. 

Interesting to track and easily could go out to sea

I’ll be honest .. I think it’s a low chsnce we can hook it back into C CT. I can see a hook over E LI to GON then a turn NNE. Right now .. my feeling is LF E tip LI into RI . To me the biggest question is .. how strong is it at that point? That’s just how I interpret it now . Low confidence 

5 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

I wouldn’t go that far..

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Eh… I’ll sell a foot of rain. Even if it stalls 

7 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Double maybe triple that if it stalls.  

I guarantee you someone sees over a foot with that track. West Hartford got 5" of rain today alone. It would rain much longer than today.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ll be honest .. I think it’s a low chsnce we can hook it back into C CT. I can see a hook over E LI to GON then a turn NNE. Right now .. my feeling is LF E tip LI into RI . To me the biggest question is .. how strong is it at that point? That’s just how I interpret it now . Low confidence 

80-90mph at best.  

• Like 2

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I don't think it would be isolated...probably be within some sort of narrow swath

This. Tropical is a lot different from the storms we usually see. In the right setup, you can get huge totals in a broad area, even from a weak or decaying system. We've actually seen a lot of these in recent years in the US. 

• Like 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic