Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hahaha Bastardi give me a break. The same guy posting about the 3K NAM showing Fred getting down to 956mb before making landfall on the FL panhandle. Even to my amateur eyes it was obvious connective feedback. Why’s he so obsessed with using the NAM for tropical systems? For the clicks and likes?

I trust not a single word out of that mans mouth at this point. Don’t care how much experience he has. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Hahaha Bastardi give me a break. The same guy posting about the 3K NAM showing Fred getting down to 956mb before making landfall on the FL panhandle. Even to my amateur eyes it was obvious connective feedback. Why’s he so obsessed with using the NAM for tropical systems? For the clicks and likes?

I trust not a single word out of that mans mouth at this point. Don’t care how much experience he has. 

All about the clicks and views. A 927mb looking buzzsaw on the 3km will get peoples' attention.

WPC: Detailed Summary:

Diagnosing Henri this afternoon, the storm is feeling the effects of northerly wind shear
displacing the storm's most intense convection just south of the low level circulation center. This
bout of vertical wind shear will keep the storm from intensifying through the evening hours, but
the storm's westerly movement will soon lead it into an area of diminishing wind shear on Friday.
At the same time, an upper level trough over the east-central U.S. will aid in the development of a
healthier poleward outflow channel that will continue into the day on Saturday. Combined with the
storm remaining over very warm water, Henri is forecast to intensify on Friday and continue to do
so into Saturday. Henri's track remains highly dependent upon how intense the storm is, the amount
of "tugging" it feels from the upper trough over the Mid-Atlantic, and the strength/position of the
ridge over New England and Quebec. Most guidance has come into a little more agreement on the storm
slowing down on Sunday, weakening as it tracks over cooler waters, and coming close to a pivot
anywhere from just east of the Massachusetts Capes to as far west as Long Island. How strong Henri
can become over the next 24-48 hours will play a critical role in its resulting track and what type
of hazards it produces over New England.

Speaking of hazards, ensemble guidance coming into a little better agreement on a track closer to
the Massachusetts Capes increases the odds of seeing significant coastal impacts to the region.
Most notable hazards along the southern New England coast would include battering surf, resulting
coastal flooding and beach erosion, tropical storm force winds, and torrential rainfall. Battering
swells from Long Island to northeast Massachusetts are also likely until Henri substantially
weakens Monday into Tuesday. Inland flooding (both flash flooding and river/stream flooding) would
become increasingly problematic should Henri track farther west or more inland, especially
following the heavy rainfall from the remnants of Tropical Storm Fred in recent days. However, the
situation and forecast track remains fluid. Henri could still stay further offshore and reduce
potential impacts such as high winds and heavy rain, resulting in mainly coastal impacts due to
highs surf. The opposite could also be true; a more westerly track would lead to increased interior
flooding potential and more detrimental impacts to more populated areas north and west of I-95. In
summary, residents in the Northeast should keep a close eye on the latest forecast information from
the National Hurricane Center in to the upcoming weekend, have a plan of action ready, and follow
the advice of local officials.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

he's the Alex Jones of weather

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Not even close to either...it’ll be bad over a much more localized area than Sandy. For >80% of the northeast it’ll be NBD.

increasing chance ms someone sees an RFQ hit from CT/RI border north and east from there. 
Wouldn’t be surprised to see winds over 100mph from Providence thru Boston.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 10

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Buy the hook folks 

I think goal post is CT/RI line to the Cape with more hydro related concerns vs wind. However it won’t take much wind to take down some tree after today. 

Interesting to track and easily could go out to sea

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I think goal post is CT/RI to Cape with more hydro related concerns vs wind. However it won’t take much wind to take down some tree after today. 

Interesting to track and easily could go out to see.  

TBH, I do not see anyway for this to escape. The NAO is plummeting, allowing the HP to flex West. The Northern and Southern HP are already connecting. I just do not see this being able to escape. 

• Like 2

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic