• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 9-12, 2021 Severe Threats

Chicago Storm

Just saw a nice CG from my porch (missed it with the video, of course). My plant stands probably would have blown over had I not secured them to the railing with zip ties (they stayed upright the night in late July when those midnight tornadoes passed about a mile west of here, that was before I added the zip ties).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Like big boy ones or the micro thangs

a more classic supercell setup with 40 kts of bulk shear.   Main concern will be how quickly upscale growth occurs along the front but shear vectors will be fairly orthogonal to the front.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, madwx said:

a more classic supercell setup with 40 kts of bulk shear.   Main concern will be how quickly upscale growth occurs along the front but shear vectors will be fairly orthogonal to the front.

That may be worth looking into, I was supposed to go up to Milwaukee to visit a friend for a beach day, but if there's decent stuff in the area then why not

22 minutes ago, kevlon62 said:

Not exactly..

Entertaining clients from Wisconsin this week.

So far so good with the matinee earlier today. Tarp off now and we go for second win in a bit.

This earlier. 037edc87d87dce599e54b80d1a2e3aac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ok, no reason to be at Wrigley if you're a Cubs fan. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

You just beat me to it. Was just about to rag on the SPC (per usual) for saying there was no “overt” MCV.

This turned out to be the best way to see where and when things would pop today. Pretty much nailed the timing of things coming into ORD if you just followed that vort.

12 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

Don't see how tomorrow isn't at least an enhanced risk day. Whatever convection is around through the morning will lay out boundaries ahead of the front and increasing shear dropping south. Even the guidance w/ AM storms destabilizes things quickly behind it.

Good chase day for naders? Pardon the obnoxious question

15 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

This turned out to be the best way to see where and when things would pop today. Pretty much nailed the timing of things coming into ORD if you just followed that vort.

Very much so. And if not for that wave, today would have turned out much differently.

The RAP did very well handling things.

• Like 1

• Hoosier changed the title to August 9-12, 2021 Severe Threats