• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3-4 day heat wave through Aug 13-14, with small pockets 6" rainfall by the 15th

wdrag

Good Thursday morning all,  Will add and post CoCoRAHS #'s for the past few days (late today).  In the meantime,  Max HI in NYC ydy, despite not making 90 (officially) was 100...well above WPC (after heat finally breaking through the Sun-Tue coastal low Delaware River pseudo warm frontal delay).  Now we can go for 105 HI in NYC today, and temps at EWR both today and tomorrow 98ish (or whatever you think).

No doubt this event will place late June as a lesser event.  We're dealing with 3 days HI near 105 in the I95 corridor of NJ. 

Don't have time to look at every number but the potential continues for 90F heat in NJ thru midday Sat.

SVR (scattered) I think is a pretty good bet for the region along and n of I80 between 5P and 11P today. Graphic attached. 

More heavy storms late Fri and then leftover showers and storms Sat (especially NJ LI southward. 

Will begin a Fred moisture thread shortly. 

Also added some WPC max HI guidance for NYC from previous days.  This is why when outlooking potential hazardous events, we need to consider blended statistical guidance as muted but a consideration as part of the briefing package. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 4.55.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 4.41.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 4.56.23 PM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I guess they just barely made it to 90!  This makes up for all the 89s this summer lol.

89.6 at 16:20

edit well thats weird (so is my newly acquired font color lol).....they list max temp since midnight at 2.0m at 89.6 at 4:20 PM but the 6 hr high is only 88.0 and thats at 1:51 PM.....what gives?

1 hour ago, wdrag said:

Another band of showers and strong thunderstorms 11P-3A for parts of NJ/NYS.... w NJ may hear their dogs barking sometime between 11P-1A and maybe iso SVR.  

No other changes to Fri-Sat expectations.  Haven't seen any evening RTP's for easy MAXT summary.

Walt

Been watching the lightning from those cells out my sliding glass door for the last 30 minutes here in Warren County.

3 hours ago, wdrag said:

Another band of showers and strong thunderstorms 11P-3A for parts of NJ/NYS.... w NJ may hear their dogs barking sometime between 11P-1A and maybe iso SVR.  

No other changes to Fri-Sat expectations.  Haven't seen any evening RTP's for easy MAXT summary.

Walt

Fizzle at the Delaware Water Gap. Ongoing lack of daytime heating has taken it's toll.  Not even a drop here in central Warren County just after midnight. Night all! :D

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1