• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 General Discussion

Spartman

Good chance of rain moving in today and for the weekend. Should greatly help firefighting efforts concerning the Greenwood fire, now at 26,000 acres. My other son lives in Silver Bay, and he had heavy smoke and ash falling last night. Really bad stuff. Smoke rolled in here around 5 am for a little while, but east winds cleared things out.

Aug 26 Greenwood fire.jpeg

On 8/8/2021 at 8:33 PM, Spartman said:

89'd today. With the rain coming up throughout the week, it looks like it's the highest it's going to get for this month.

3 hours ago, Spartman said:

Another 90-degree day today. This is the longest heat wave of all heat waves this Summer. Of all the storms that fired up today, I got 0.16" or rain.

lol

• Like 1

Temp sensor at DKB has taken a dump... Can confirm its not -27 degrees currently 
KDKB 281415Z AUTO 22008KT 10SM CLR M33/M34 A3010 RMK AO2 T13281344

It has done that another time recently...Definitely having issues.

On the flip side, RPJ has been running too warm temp/DP wise a lot recently.

I'm receiving my 9th storm of the year from this avg MCS, 3 years ago today I got my 1st storm that year :lmao:. Obviously this season is a dramatic improvement in the t-storm department compared to the last 3-4 years. EC couldn't help it, they issued a svr t-storm warning for what is definitely not one. 90 km/h winds possible and I got 11 km/h max during the storm :yikes:.

Reached 33ºC for a high which is in the top 8 temps of 2021 and the warmest minimum is forecast at 22-23ºC overnight.

Cells kept forming/reforming/training over nw Boone county this afternoon, second time this week that’s happened, I’ve watched the towers build nearly overhead in nw Winnebago county and then basically train over Boone / mchenry county. Certainly a coincidence but made me wonder what right here is causing the localized forcing

1.62" of rain yesterday. Total for the month is 2.45", which is an inch below normal.

Greenwood fire is 14% contained now at 26,000 acres. Fire slowed quite a bit the last couple days with the cool, moist weather. Heavier rains yesterday were a big help. But today, dry, and breezy west winds could flame up portions of the fire.

It was a crazy day yesterday for a variety of reasons, including the most widespread storm coverage I've seen in my province in a very long time. Yet again like the 11th the bulk of the rain was to my south so I only got some sprinkles out of a huge MCS coming through that extended down to Indiana which I can't believe. It kinked in such a way I got frequent lightning for over 90 minutes straight to my south and that makes it the 10th storm of 2021 and the first time in eons that I've had two days in a row of evening storms nearly at the same time; like the good old days. The skies looked incredible just as the potent lightning was ramping up :wub:.

It seemed like every sq mile of ON got storms on Sun as the coverage was complete. There were tor warnings up in central ON as well.

This was the last day of the bulk of the epic heat and humidity, I got to 33ºC yet again which I probably haven't experienced on the 29th of Aug before with a humidex over 40C. Sitting in the shade late in the afternoon was even too much after 20 mins. I'm not surprised how many cells re-ignited due to the CAPE levels.

• Like 2

Made it through this week with 0 rain.  Watched it go north and south and west and east of me all week, but never got in on the party.  Really looking pretty brown outside right now.  Time to reintroduce the array of colors on the weekly drought monitor map for my back yard.