Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 General Discussion

Spartman

11 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

Differential heating caused by the thicker smoke moving into northern Lower Michigan has helped focus thunderstorms over the cleaner air ahead of it. Had the smoke not been there, the lake breeze would likely have been the focus a little farther NW.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-local-LakeHuron-02-18_56Z-20210803_map_-4-12n-10-100.thumb.gif.9a8143a8909434834929c102ec9bd2ac.gif

Ha.  That's neat.

My forecast today was afternoon chance of t-storms for 5 hours with some scattered shower potential and instead there is absolutely nothing precip wise anywhere in the Great Lakes or CU formation :lmao:. That's one of the biggest busts I've seen this summer as typically there would be at least a few pop ups somewhere in the province with %s that high. Other than a cap, did the smoke cause an unforeseen effect? I still have a chance of a t-storm at 10pm only listed for whatever reason. Tomorrow has a repeat forecast so I'm hoping for the same outcome.

21 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

My forecast today was afternoon chance of t-storms for 5 hours with some scattered shower potential and instead there is absolutely nothing precip wise anywhere in the Great Lakes or CU formation :lmao:. That's one of the biggest busts I've seen this summer as typically there would be at least a few pop ups somewhere in the province with %s that high. Other than a cap, did the smoke cause an unforeseen effect? I still have a chance of a t-storm at 10pm only listed for whatever reason. Tomorrow has a repeat forecast so I'm hoping for the same outcome.

As expected, the chance of t-storms was removed for today and this morning they did the 1 hour slot t-shower risk jig for 4pm which always puzzles me because we all know that's not even a 2% risk; they removed that by 1 :lol:. One bad forecast after another. Tomorrow looks similar to the last few days just with higher winds.

89'd for 2nd day in a row at MLI as afternoon clouds came in and coc k blocked today's 90 potential.  Today was looking like a good chance for storms for days but the setup has skipped over us.  Hopefully can get a storm early tomorrow before the better storms fire up to the east (again) later in the day.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

89'd for 2nd day in a row at MLI as afternoon clouds came in and coc k blocked today's 90 potential.  Today was looking like a good chance for storms for days but the setup has skipped over us.  Hopefully can get a storm early tomorrow before the better storms fire up to the east (again) later in the day.

Everything for the last several weeks has skipped over Cedar Rapids.  Every widespread-looking event, every "active pattern" has failed to produce.  We have one more chance of rain late tonight as the upper low moves across northeast Iowa.  There is also a chance Tuesday, but then it looks like another long dry period will follow.