Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

That's what I mean though. Maybe I'm reading your post incorrectly, but you seem to be referring to QPF though your image reflects PWATS.

Just trying to clarify...

Ahhh...my bad.  Yes, seeing a 3"+ Pwat print out was the point of my post.  No too often seen in these parts.  Effective tropical rainers...

• Like 1

WHY do I keep typing severe with an S towards the end? Severse isn’t a word! Anyway, severe storm warning now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the storm continues east and slides to the north of me.

Edit: I was almost correct, getting a quick downpour, and the severe thunderstorm warning went away quite quickly. Much better storms to the north and south though.

Edit2: The line has pretty much joined into one after it passed me. Yay for anyone who wants some rain east of Richmond I guess.

Amazingly,  finally scored a hit.  1 - 2 punch of decent storm.  Best stuff  slid just north, but scraped between .6 and .7 I'd bet.  Still lightning too close to go out and check.  Have to check in the morning.  This was the last of the storms for the evening based on radar, so that was a huge score.  PWS just north have between 1 and 1.5 inches.  I live 1/2 mile too far south.

*eta

Oh hell, I underestimated.   At least 1" in the gage!  Hard to see exactly in the dark with a flashlight,  but def an inch.  

Man, that just felt good. 

• Like 8

had to abort the yellow poplar trail at gambrill again.  this time i got thoroughly drenched after being about halfway through and took the road back because i also underestimated how long it would take to finish lol.  this everyday isolated storms/downpours thing is becoming a thing.  that said, the trail was in pretty good shape, so maybe the ground can withstand what's coming up the next few days.

• Like 1

Some of those mountainous spots west of us where the heaviest totals are predicted have had 3-6" from thunderstorms in the last 72 hours.  Not good!

I am just hoping for more than an inch here.  It has been since the second week of August that we had a decent rain.  Got 0.3 one day last week and a big 0.1 yesterday.

• mappy unpinned this topic