Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

20 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Looks like 5 more days of truly disgusting weather, then we get a break.  After that we are into September and while it’ll get gross again, it’ll probably be in shorter spurts.

Heat

Fake Fall

Heat

Actual Fall

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I predict 0.00 for me and am certain that I will be watering my garden this evening

The best convection was progged west of the Blue Ridge the last 2 days, and it ended up where it usually does - in the metro areas- as I was left to run around to try to catch each of the 27 rain drops that fell on my property in order to fill a thimble.  

You and I will be covering our faces with cloth trying not to choke on the dust while swift water rescues and power outages occur again in the usual spots.

i missed the dc storm, but was driving down 270 at the time and could see the lightning.  looked similar to the one i experienced in germantown the other day.  just basically rained itself out, but had a good deal of lightning.  these cells have been legit the last couple weeks and the taller cumulonimbus clouds have provided some picturesque views lately.

Whew it's a warm one!  Moved my son into a College Park apartment this morning and get to do it all again in an hour for the daughter.  Better than last year when we moved our daughter into a dorm on a 95-degree day and you couldn't park closer than about 500 feet away!

NPZ:  I don't know about your area but we do just fine here with rain during the six-month long 49 degrees and rain season from November to April.  It's just summer thunderstorms that almost always miss here, likely due to higher elevations close by from SW all the way around to NE.  We did get one big one on August 10 but I was in OC :rolleyes:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

If that line extends SW somebody is going to get trained on a bit.  Probably Annandale, because they get hit a lot.

Just north of me. :(

But that line is building to the west and a little south of me, so hopefully it doesn't gain too much latitude as it moves east.

• mappy unpinned this topic