Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

What a ridiculous spot this is.  Been hearing thunder for 45 minutes but not a drop as storms go in all directions around.  I mean look at this.  Even God can't make it rain here (yeah I called you out)

image.png.1db8fad305881a1adc5fb44344e7f59a.png

I went biking at Schaeffer after work and heard some rumbles. Wasn’t until after that the flood gates opened. Ended up getting a prolific downpour with a bunch of lightning. Pretty diesel little storm.

Pretty much.
How many at OKV last year?  This summer seems worse than my memory of last year.

Not sure how fruitful my comment is, but it’s hard for me to tell as far as my muscle memory goes. I’m used to judging how bad a summer is by how bad I trash a suit or shirt with sweat while walking around downtown before or after work. Haven’t done much of that since COVID’s onset.

Although today felt particularly miserable. I was cranky even during a top off and door off Jeep ride this evening.

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

GFS with a drought buster from Ida’s leftovers and then a gorgeous Labor Day weekend. 

Looks to be only about 2" - 4" over the course of 12 hours during peak summer. Not sure that would cause anything significant other than flooding in the usual spot. Maybe it'll trend upward, but so far the tropical remnants have been duds up here the past couple of years. 

31 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Shit it's an "I" storm?   It's bound to have impacts for us then.  

Don't forget it's the double curse - I name AND Female!!! ;)

Isabel and Irene were very high impact events for us here.  Here comes Ida marching in...

As Ivan proved, you don't need a coastal to mess things up.  Granted it's not widespread but a 100 mph nader does a bit more than trade trash bins with your neighbors! :P

• mappy unpinned this topic