Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

13 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Replying here even though it's banter (I posted an image over in there as well). I managed to get a few hours of shut eye. Good news is the leak pretty much stopped/slowed now that the rain has been gone for a while. One of the neighbors was here just now and said it seemed like it might just be where the service line meets the internal piping. There's an area that looks like PVC style piping where it comes into the basement and then it goes back over to copper - he thinks the "boot" might just be loose. 

We are still waiting for the plumber - hopefully we can avoid anything new until he gets here. I'm wishing the rain away for now. A water alarm saved our butts...I heard it going off and we managed to scramble to figure out the cause. 

Ok.  That coupling might be it after all. If they used PVC or black poly then back over to copper then that transition point might be it. Hope it’s an easy fix. 

32 minutes ago, George BM said:

Looking like some bay-effect downpours are occurring over the Chesapeake this morning.

Probably being triggered by a stationary front oriented NW to SE  through the region.

eta- the front is now a warm front on the move eastward. Looking at current analysis it lies right along the bay in our region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Probably being triggered by a stationary front oriented NW to SE  through the region.

eta- the front is now a warm front on the move eastward. Looking at current analysis it lies right along the bay in our region.

What’s that link to the radar estimated precip you use?

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Nice catch. I guess "bay-enhanced" may've been a better term.

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Now what exactly is a training event? (Google yielded irrelevant results, lol)

Where heavy showers move continuously over the same area for a period of time.  It resembles a slow moving freight train and usually cause flooding issues. 

• Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic