• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

Picked up a nice .42 with that rain that moved through earlier.

FFW was pulled around noon. About 3 hours before it was to expire. May be able to get some outdoor activity today.

I took a nice bike ride yesterday afternoon. There were tons of ants with wings that ended up on my body. Wonder if they'll still be around.

20 minutes ago, frd said:

Most of the real beneficial rains misses areas that really need it.  

p168i.gif?1629137673

https://www.drought.gov/watersheds/mid-atlantic

Actually, if it falls as depicted over the mountains it is falling where it is needed the most (see link).  Riverflows to the west of DC are pretty low, and the rain falling overtop of DC metro isn't going to change that.

26 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

https://www.drought.gov/watersheds/mid-atlantic

Actually, if it falls as depicted over the mountains it is falling where it is needed the most (see link).  Riverflows to the west of DC are pretty low, and the rain falling overtop of DC metro isn't going to change that.

Yeah, Deep Creek Lake looked noticeably lower than normal when we were at the house this past weekend.  It's been dry there this summer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, Deep Creek Lake looked noticeably lower than normal when we were at the house this past weekend.  It's been dry there this summer.

Getting a wx station established ahead of winter is on my list of 1,000 unfinished projects.  Something tells me I will get around to it by the time it really counts.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Thought maybe the normal winter forecast was out for a second. Looks like our summers aren't just hatter they last longer too.

That is indeed true, many seasonal warmth records have been achieved during the past  5 to 10 years along the Western pheriphery of the robost WAR. Going from New England right down into the Eastern regions of the SE states.  Of note though, this summer the Atlantic SSTs are not as warm as recent summers.   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

If you want a quick setup, I recommend the Tempest from WxFlow

I saw that one before. My current weather station's wind wheel thingy broke when it was blown off the roof. I have since made the mount more sturdy. But at $329, I'll wait until next month to get it. It has good reviews. 

0.12" so far today. But I see incoming rain from Richmond marching north!

11 minutes ago, jewell2188 said:

Areas west of 95 look unimpressive this evening. As it has been last few days. 

Decent amount of rain on radar between Stafford and the US-22 area east of Culpeper. Suspect the splotchy radar we've seen the past few days will continue. 

Getting a decent tropical shower here now.

I am happy to see the westward shift in the heavy rain forecast for this week. Looks like the mountains will take the brunt, with a general 1-2" for the Piedmont and maybe even less for the coastal plain. I have a project scheduled for late week, and wet and rainy might delay it.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Getting a decent tropical shower here now.

I am happy to see the westward shift in the heavy rain forecast for this week. Looks like the mountains will take the brunt, with a general 1-2" for the Piedmont and maybe even less for the coastal plain. I have a project scheduled for late week, and wet and rainy might delay it.

Can you post some rainfall totals?

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Euro’s got 5” for you over the next several days.  

If that verified, NPZ would replace the desert pic with the lush green one like a few years ago.

Some nice-looking showers developing to the south moving north.  We do well with those (it's the west-to-east movers that miss me more often than not)

• mappy unpinned this topic