• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

Light rain is knocking on my doorstep now - with the heavies under 2 miles. Still looks to be continuing creeping north. LWX will probably need another layer of the FFW as it looks like the rainfall is going to start getting outside of the two existing warnings. 

That outflow got this all going and whatever lift it caused is squeezing all it can. 

I was watching that outflow and trying to explain what it was to my 6 y/o nephew. In my mind I was like “nah, not our night— won’t amount to anything.”

Storm ditches in Hollin Hills have been maxed out for an hour now.

43d6860a370b46d1b71f819404d6c24f.jpg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Strike anything? We've had two houses get hit with fires in MoCo in the past week (maybe more). 

Not sure. No houses it seems. Had to be a tree and can’t tell which one

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

There is a 4” marker on radar in your vicinity now

3.07” and still raining 

20 minutes ago, H2O said:

Basement flooded. 3.5” just too much 

Sorry to hear about this. That amount of precip would probably do damage over here, too.

There's gonna be some holes that didn't get that much. I'm sitting at .87 since the event began.

No work tomorrow so may stay up a little longer.

• Like 1

The general pattern this week into next weekend looks conducive for multiple chances of heavy rain and possible flash flooding, with the mid week period being influenced by the remnants of Fred. Just looked at the hi-res rainfall totals and several locales along and south of a line from DC to Dover have seen 4-6" over the past 72 hours. 

gfs_mslp_pwat_us_16.png

• Like 1

Picked up 0.6" here last night. The amount of moisture has been about perfect here, with some rain almost every day this last week, and nothing excessive. I have been on the edge or missed the good t-storms, but heard plenty of thunder though.

Overall the rainfall here this summer has been about normal. I have not been bitten by a mosquito even once. Few and far between. Those effing flies though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Picked up 0.6" here last night. The amount of moisture has been about perfect here, with some rain almost every day this last week, and nothing excessive. I have been on the edge or missed the good t-storms, but heard plenty of thunder though.

Overall the rainfall here this summer has been about normal. I have not been bitten by a mosquito even once. Few and far between. Those effing flies though.

Glad y'all are getting some rain back home. We've been getting crushed for months. It's so green here, but these mosquitos are AWFUL. Growing very old lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Glad y'all are getting some rain back home. We've been getting crushed for months. It's so green here, but these mosquitos are AWFUL. Growing very old lol

We can get those big ass Asian tiger mosquitoes in late summer here, and if this week ends up as wet as advertised, might have to deal with them. Had em last summer and they were around into early October. It was insanely wet here from July into Sept though last year.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic