Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

I managed 0.06" lol.

The rest of the main part of the line is heading south. Pretty much all the Mesos had a miss here, so kudos. Tomorrow looks like the best stuff will be SE of here too. No complaints, as I was due for some storm frustration lol.

Now watch, next Thursday when I don't want rain, I will surely see a deluge.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Round #4 failure is especially comical, since this is an entirely new direction this week.   If anyone needs a laugh, check the radar to see that swath of storms coming from the SW slam into the drought dome and vaporize. 

Looks like storms developing right over your area. Also looks like some action to your SW trying to develop. Maybe? 

45 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Really Cool.  I've never seen that many at once.  

ANyone have an idea of what types of birds they are? 

Earlybirds.

JK! I know there's a huge flock of fish crows that takes flight around dawn near one of my worksites in south NJ but I don't think they are numerous enough to cause those kind of returns.

• Haha 1

85/73

Still pretty gross out but not as hot as yesterday.

Picked up 0.35" of rain yesterday, but expect the best convection will once again fire more to my south and east today. Heard thunder all night into the early morning from storms moving south of here. 5 or so miles SE there were 2" plus amounts, with up to 4" over the last 24 hours in central and southern DE.

I totally get why some parts of the area require a flash flood watch. The storms have been so hit or miss this week though that some spots in the watch will be just fine, regardless of what happens tonight. 

For example, the 15 corridor through most of Loudoun missed all week as storms died west of the area and then redeveloped in the eastern part of the county / Western part of Fairfax County. 

20210813_195936.jpg

• mappy unpinned this topic