Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

8 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Plenty overcast in Annapolis. Outdoor feel factor is much less uncomfortable than yesterday noon. For some reason the DP at KNAK has fallen to 70 and I believe it.

It's just a thin stripe of high clouds. I'm 7 miles west of there and it already passed my area. I see it just to my east. Full sun here now. Feels primed for lots of lightning and rain today. 

14 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

It's just a thin stripe of high clouds. I'm 7 miles west of there and it already passed my area. I see it just to my east. Full sun here now. Feels primed for lots of lightning and rain today. 

Yup; seems like within a half hour of my outdoor obs, (minor Jebwalk ) we started to clear.  Gonna adjust the window shade and hope for a T-storm.

• Like 1

Storms have been here for 2 hours.  Got scraped by round 1 as a cell popped over top of me just south of the first cell that was missing me to the north.  Picked up. 25" while on the verge of nothing....sun shone for most of that.

Round 2 did exactly what they normally do: pass by to the north and south then merge into a line once east of me.  Not a drop from that one, meanwhile that line is now raging.  Absolute continuous thunder.  No doubt torrential rain.

Guess I'm good for the next 5 weeks.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Surprise cell formed over Dewey Beach and slid east and faded, now another forming near Bethany which is close.  It's funny for me to be rooting for storms to miss me for once! 

Looks like those may have initiated off the ocean breeze working inland. Very noticeable on radar.

Wow storm popped right next to me and was right over me worst lightning I can remember so many close cloud to ground strikes, one hit in my neighborhood. Then the rain started and it looked to be a normal storm until the trees making up the tree line gusted then bam heavy rain wind and hail. Rain came down in sheets while it hailed (pea size maybe a bit bigger) and wind whipped the trees. Got .70 inches of rain in 20 minutes

Neighbor's fence hit, charger blew up.  I was in the shop and it was loud like crack of a .45/70.  Can't wait to see what he brings me.  Last one was a total loss.

This lightning/thunder had that wicked "midwest" roar/crackling sound to it.  Milder than the 08/17/2017 storm (a bolt hit a gate about 60' from where I was standing and I felt a STRONG shock through my shoes!  I usually stand with my feet together when it storms (did today LOL) but that close one was a shocker, pun not intended!  It took a long time after the warning before it got bad.  Mind you "by the books" it was not severe but lightning doesn't really have a category in severe warnings.  And aside from flash flooding, is probably going to make for a very bad day if you get nailed or as we like to say "get the new look". ;)

39 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Nice storm rolled through.  Power out.  Awesome lightning sounded like I was neighbor to a bowling alley on a Friday night.  Well at least half of that is right. ;)

Sky looked nasty before the rain got here.  Thought we were gonna see some hail out of this one.

meansky.jpg

That pic is crazy

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic