Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

8 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Wow  and 1.95 here and 2+ Adelphi but so much zero all around. What happened right over us?

My place was about 3 miles to the east of the caboose on the rain train.  Storms kept firing up just west of the 270/495 triangle and training over my place.  2-3 miles south of here looked completely dry.  In fact, we had to convince my son's soccer coach to cancel practice because it wasn't raining at his place about 4 miles away.

All summer, we've been close to similar trains, but they've been missing just north, south, west, and east.  I guess it was our turn.

Edit:  Just noticed a 4.31" report just west of White Oak on CoCoRaHS.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My place was about 3 miles to the east of the caboose on the rain train.  Storms kept firing up just west of the 270/495 triangle and training over my place.  2-3 miles south of here looked completely dry.  In fact, we had to convince my son's soccer coach to cancel practice because it wasn't raining at his place about 4 miles away.

All summer, we've been close to similar trains, but they've been missing just north, south, west, and east.  I guess it was our turn.

Edit:  Just noticed a 4.31" report just west of White Oak on CoCoRaHS.

I am not surprised at all. That report is centered right in an area that had substantial training. NW Branch near Kemp Mill Rd and Randolph Rd went from 3cfs of flow to 706cfs during the height of it. Will be interesting to see where any storms fire and how fast the movement is today. If there's any sort of redveloping/training over the same areas today it could be a lot worse! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I am not surprised at all. That report is centered right in an area that had substantial training. NW Branch near Kemp Mill Rd and Randolph Rd went from 3cfs of flow to 706cfs during the height of it. Will be interesting to see where any storms fire and how fast the movement is today. If there's any sort of redveloping/training over the same areas today it could be a lot worse! 

Where'd you find the data on stream flow?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where'd you find the data on stream flow?

https://dashboard.waterdata.usgs.gov/app/nwd/?region=lower48&aoi=default

Specific site I mentioned - https://waterdata.usgs.gov/md/nwis/uv/?site_no=01650500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,62615,62620

I somehow didn't realize there was a gauge right near my parent's house. Been there since 1920s!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

https://dashboard.waterdata.usgs.gov/app/nwd/?region=lower48&aoi=default

Specific site I mentioned - https://waterdata.usgs.gov/md/nwis/uv/?site_no=01650500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060,62615,62620

I somehow didn't realize there was a gauge right near my parent's house. Been there since 1920s!

Awesome find.  Added to my bookmarks!  Thanks.

2 hours ago, high risk said:

Some fairly good agreement of some "partially organized" storms advancing west to east across the metro area around dinner time.   The HRRR is somewhat of the dry outlier, but it can't be ignored that most of its cycles yesterday were dry for this area.   

HRRR seems to be slowly beefing up the coverage this afternoon.  It is favoring MD at the moment.

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic