Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Discussion/Obs

George BM

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I ended up with 1.24" here, but tight gradient just to my northwest. Looks like widespread 2-4" amounts fell from the lower eastern shore into eastern DE and southern NJ.

Almost like a typical winter time shift East with the models , can you imagine all that snow to the East with  Northern Delaware, Baltimore and DC with a dusting.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I ended up with 1.24" here, but tight gradient just to my northwest. Looks like widespread 2-4" amounts fell from the lower eastern shore into eastern DE and southern NJ.

End of the week guidance doesn't look too robust with rainfall opportunities ,  possibly go a week without hardly any rain and then if we miss the end of the week rainfall change another week with no rain.  Looks ugly for vegetation, lawns and trees.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frd said:

End of the week guidance doesn't look too robust with rainfall opportunities ,  possibly go a week without hardly any rain and then if we miss the end of the week rainfall change another week with no rain.  Looks ugly for vegetation, lawns and trees.   

It's pretty damn dry here despite a couple light rains. Any rain in the path month has hardly wet my driveway under the trees though. The ground is like cement in my yard. 

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

It's pretty damn dry here despite a couple light rains. Any rain in the path month has hardly wet my driveway under the trees though. The ground is like cement in my yard. 

Same here re the concrete.  Transplanted a magnolia the other day and was too lazy to put the backhoe on my Kubota.  Thought I'd just get some exercise with the manual shovel.  Geeze - even with my 275lbs of flab standing on the shovel with both feet it was difficult to get any depth.  Had to resort to the good ole pick-axe to  break through.  It was dry as a bone down 2 feet too with nary a hint of moisture.  The poplars in our back yard are starting to drop leaves.  We only managed .10" from the fringe of yesterday's coastal which didn't help.  

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

It went from one extreme to the other in your area compared to last summer. Here it has been right about average I would say.

I am going to start on the lawn revitalization project today. I will start in one area and rake out the thatch and loosen the the soil and throw some seed and starter fertilizer down. I'll just chip away at it over the next few weeks. Once I start, the sprinkler will be running pretty regularly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

The fringing was epic in my backyard. From over an inch at yours to what I received—— 0.04” not 30 miles farther northwest.

Back to watering.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

The fringing was epic in my backyard. From over an inch at yours to what I received—— 0.04” not 30 miles farther northwest.

Back to watering.

My soil is just barely damp lol. Was just out preparing the first area to reseed/overseed. Incredible how well drained it is, and with all the active trees and high evaporation rates it is difficult to keep it moist. I will be watering too, now that I have started this process.

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic