Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2021 Banter

George BM

:axe:

Work at DDC3, Amazon DS in Springfield.  Most people know I'm a big weather nerd and the such.  Just texted our management team about late tonight into Wednesday night re flood threat and tornado threat.  This is my favorite part:

Me: So there is a good chance of a few tornadoes tomorrow afternoon into early night time period.  Let's say there is a tornado warning issued for our area at 9pm (shift starts around then)... does the floor stop what's going on and all staff/AAs report to the severe weather areas in the building until the warning is over?

Them:  That's a GREAT question.  I am not sure how Amazon handles those items from a global operational perspective.

Um... okay?  Guess I'll be the one making the calls on the floor to manager about any tornado warnings... guess we'll see what happens lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Work at DDC3, Amazon DS in Springfield.  Most people know I'm a big weather nerd and the such.  Just texted our management team about late tonight into Wednesday night re flood threat and tornado threat.  This is my favorite part:

Me: So there is a good chance of a few tornadoes tomorrow afternoon into early night time period.  Let's say there is a tornado warning issued for our area at 9pm (shift starts around then)... does the floor stop what's going on and all staff/AAs report to the severe weather areas in the building until the warning is over?

Them:  That's a GREAT question.  I am not sure how Amazon handles those items from a global operational perspective.

Um... okay?  Guess I'll be the one making the calls on the floor to manager about any tornado warnings... guess we'll see what happens lol

at least you're being proactive. Hopefully they figure out a plan should that ever happen.

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Tell them that Amazon HQ says everyone can take the rest of the week off with pay.

• Haha 1

Just now, mappy said:

at least you're being proactive. Hopefully they figure out a plan should that ever happen.

They do have signs up for the severe weather areas where staff and associates are supposed to go in the building... so the plan is there somewhere.  I mean I doubt anything happens... but still is good to plan ahead as you stated 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yoda said:

They do have signs up for the severe weather areas where staff and associates are supposed to go in the building... so the plan is there somewhere.  I mean I doubt anything happens... but still is good to plan ahead as you stated 

pPeJDg1.gif

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, H2O said:

That’s cause they taste like chicken

They kinda do. I once had buffalo gator nuggets down in New Orleans. Magical (especially after a day on Bourbon Street).

46 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Take it from someone who lives here: I’d rather take my chances with the gator. :lol:

Pick your poison. I will say, though, that gators are nothing to F with...especially for people who aren't used to watching out for them.

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

They kinda do. I once had buffalo gator nuggets down in New Orleans. Magical (especially after a day on Bourbon Street).

oh, my bad.  I meant that gators that got too friendly with people was because they tasted human meat and it was like chicken.  

32 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z NAM.  Complete disaster if this had been a snow storm.  Lot of forecast busts on the way…

D0A5FF72-C54B-423E-82AE-CE8B3B3E55FE.png

I just don't understand how this happens in the summer time with tropical...smh How do we STILL miss north and west...and this has nothing to do with elevation? Those folks up there get everything, summer AND winter. (although I'm gonna guess this is gonna be a flooding threat). It's like somebody put a bubble around us, smh (I mean sure you could see it as protective...that we don't get the bad things that come with flooding, but...still want some fun weather at the same time).

La Nina screwing us early this year, apparently...north, west, east, smh

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I just don't understand how this happens in the summer time with tropical...smh How do we STILL miss north and west...and this has nothing to do with elevation? Those folks up there get everything, summer AND winter. (although I'm gonna guess this is gonna be a flooding threat). It's like somebody put a bubble around us, smh (I mean sure you could see it as protective...that we don't get the bad things that come with flooding, but...still want some fun weather at the same time).

La Nina screwing us early this year, apparently...north, west, east, smh

George Washington was a genius when he decided to build the white house where he did

• mappy unpinned this topic